Nebraska-Omaha

Very late vendor reviews

Shortly after my wedding I reviewed everyone but the vendors below, so I thought I'd give updates:

Complete Video:
  C-
I finally have my final, fully edited wedding video from Complete Music.  It took over 6 months. It's just okay.  Our videographer got a lot of footage, but I'm very disappointed with the audio during the ceremony.  It was just slightly breezy out, but it sounded much windier in the mic.  I would think a professional company such as Complete would've had equipment to compensate for a tiny bit of wind.  You can hear our vows fine, but our beautiful string quartet music is terribly muffled.  On top of that, I'm sure many of you have seen my posts about how uncommunicative the company is.

I still recommend Complete Music if you use James Cloyd though.  He's fantastic.  I heard Ben Doll was going out on his own though, and he was my second suggestion.

A Better Exposure Photography
: B-
We just received our completed wedding album and our disc of wedding images.  The album is nice, but I had a lot of tweaks and requests of the album designer.  It took almost 4 revisions before it was too my liking.  The first design was almost juvenile.  Fortunately, the designer was really nice and did a great job interpreting my requests--I was just a bit shocked her first layout wasn't more professional.

The more I look at the rest of our photos in hi-res though, the less I like them. Steve's a nice guy, but I'm disappointed with our pictures. They just aren't fresh or creative and there were very few close-ups...too many were shot at a distance.  I had doubts after we saw our engagement pics, but I hoped our wedding pictures would look more like the examples he showed us in the studio or on his website.  There are a handful of neat shots, but even those required a lot of touching up to look good in our album.  A number of our pictures are out of focus or are too washed out.   Some of my friends took sharper, better photos than he did.  Fortunately, we have enough cute photos to document our day, but they weren't what I'd expected and hoped for.  I recommend Dana Damewood instead, she did my Rock The Dress shoot and took absolutely gorgeous photos.  Very creative use of angles and light...she sees the perfect shot and she gets it.  I have photos from both photographers on Facebook if anyone is interested.

Borsheim's: A-
If you were considering getting your wedding bands here, I do recommend them for their gorgeous selection and great customer service.  The minus is for the fact that they soldered my e-ring and wedding band, which recently came unsoldered (I didn't know that could happen!) They immediately fixed it on a rush schedule when I brought them in though and made my rings sparkle again, so I was okay with it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Very late vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards