New Jersey

Cake Tasting- DONE!

Well, we went to Palermo's today and picked out our cake.

We did chocolate cake with a raspberry mousse center. It was SO good!

Our cake is very simple but they are going to put a purple ribbon around the each tier to fancy it up a bit.

I'm glad that's out of the way..now to eat all the leftover cake they gave us! :)

Re: Cake Tasting- DONE!

• That sounds so delicious! I have always heard nothing but good things about Palermo....they hardly ever seem to disappoint!!
    ~He is the best part of my day~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Love Palermo's! Back when we were told we had to use them a former friend bashed them & said that they weren't that great. BOY was she wrong! Can't wait to have our cake on the day of!!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah..I posted it on my FB and two people commented negatively but everyone else had nothing but nice things to say so I'm happy.
  • I got my cake from them and it tasted and looked good the day of the wedding.! However, when I went for my tasting I didn't have the best experience with them.
  • We did our cake tasting at Palermos this past Friday!!  We have purple ribbon on ours also and we are alternating our tiers, round and square!  We decided on chocolate cake with chocolate bacci (hazelnut nutella!) and vanilla cake with chocolate fudge.  it was sooo yummy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They didn't send us home with cake :-( guess they didn't like us!  I didn't find them very helpful in working with my vision, and I ended up paying a lot more to get the design I wanted.  But yes, the cake was very yummy, from what I remember!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cake-tasting-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:03d29d1f-cae1-4f4f-8d7b-76d516c4305ePost:b6a62204-3fba-4fd4-ad77-cb85f3afdf19">Re: Cake Tasting- DONE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They didn't send us home with cake :-( guess they didn't like us!  I didn't find them very helpful in working with my vision, and I ended up paying a lot more to get the design I wanted.  But yes, the cake was very yummy, from what I remember!
    Posted by mercy4[/QUOTE]
    Same with me!  They rushed me and sent me home with no cake.  I heard it depends on the person you work with.
  • We got 2 boxes of cake when we went! Our cake was delicious but I paid a few hundred dollars extra for the design we wanted and some color fondant accents.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have to say....the experience itself was a little awkward but maybe it's because my opinion was skewed (I also went with my BFF to her cake tasting and it was a much better experience).

The young guy who helped us was very nice but we were seated next to another group and of course they were getting married at The Venetian with 250 people and here I am with my fiance and we're getting married at a small place with less people.

I would have much rather preferred that it be just Mike and I in the room, which is part of the reason why I booked it for 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon!

Oh well...we're happy with what we decided and look forward to the creation in October!
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Yey, that's great! My mom got my shower cake from there & it was not only beautiful, but tasty.
  • That's great congrats! loved our cake tasting at Palermo's and one of our tiers is chocolate with the chocolate/raspberry mousse! it was my favorite! Our appt got off to a rocky start in that they had two couples already there going through the process and we were just standing there and the two ladies that worked there didn't even acknowledge us or ask us to sit down so we just stood awkwardly until I said something. After that, it was fine, we picked our cake design, added ribbon (and we are adding fresh flowers through our florist) and then picked our flavors for each tier! They also sent us home with the leftovers- 2 boxes!  They were super accommodating and even went in the back to get us a flavor that wasn't in the sample selection.   My only negative is if the cake is included in your venue, it kind of stinks that you have to go with one of their designs and can't really just show them a picture and have them do it (unless you want to pay extra which we did not!) 
    Anniversary
  • <div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cake-tasting-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:03d29d1f-cae1-4f4f-8d7b-76d516c4305ePost:f2d339c5-ca35-44ba-b211-aac2e9e49fa0">Re: Cake Tasting- DONE!</a>:</div>[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake Tasting- DONE! : Same with me!  They rushed me and sent me home with no cake.  I heard it depends on the person you work with.
    Posted by BridetoBe730[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I heard that as well. We really liked the guy we worked with (one of the owner's sons) and were sent home with two boxes filled with cake.</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my cake tasting their also. I picked a 4 tier cake...1&4 tier vanilla with lemon mousse 2 vanilla bean/raspberry mousse and french vanilla/strawberry mousse. I love the lemon!!! I hope I named the teirs correct. I did my cake tasting in Oct.
  • How far in advance would you guys suggest a cake tasting gets done? We're WAY out, but using Palermo's through our venue. FI is super excited to go eat cake, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cake-tasting-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:03d29d1f-cae1-4f4f-8d7b-76d516c4305ePost:8a77b606-e52d-4f3c-8dcc-2caa0c68875d">Re: Cake Tasting- DONE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How far in advance would you guys suggest a cake tasting gets done? We're WAY out, but using Palermo's through our venue. FI is super excited to go eat cake, lol.
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>6months and closer</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cake-tasting-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:03d29d1f-cae1-4f4f-8d7b-76d516c4305ePost:8a77b606-e52d-4f3c-8dcc-2caa0c68875d">Re: Cake Tasting- DONE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How far in advance would you guys suggest a cake tasting gets done? We're WAY out, but using Palermo's through our venue. FI is super excited to go eat cake, lol.
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>6months and closer</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards