Chit Chat

Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)

13»

Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:c7d56965-13bc-42d5-85cf-9d6dd502ea5c">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a teacher, picking names is hard because I associate so many names with certain students.  I have had a few really oddly named students, but the strangest was probably Sir Abraham.  "Sir" really was his first name.  When I was in high school, there was a student at a nearby school named Marijuana Pepsi.  I"m guessing her parents were hippies.   When H and I try to come up with names, we can never agree because he likes the most ridiculous names.  He once said that if we ever have a boy and a girl, we should name them Angus and Agnes.  And he was serious.
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]

There's a new guy at work and his first name is Sir Lawrence. I never know what to call him. And it's really awkward because I say thank you sir/ ma'am and I try to avoid saying anything to him because I don't want him to think I'm making fun of him.
  • My son is Dominic James last name, he was either going to be Dominic or Oliver William. If we have a girl next, DH likes Madison. I don't. I like Rachel, Thea, Anna, Leona. Cara, etc. for boys I like Oliver, Gabriel (Gabe), Blake, Bryan, Dexter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boys: J likes Travis I don't have any favorite boy names 

Girls: I like Anastasia  Ana or Stacy for a nickname or Genevieve Jenny for a nickname didnt even think about using eve. J likes Candice and would shorten it to candy for a nickname.
  • When I was pregnant with my first, my grandfather was complaining that he had five great grandsons, and none with his name (Ray). I promised I would name my first child for him, and when SHE was born, lol, we named her Raychel. He always called her his little ray of sunshine. My son, Ryan's name was chosen before we even got engaged, and Joshua was named in the delivery room shortly before he was born.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Names are very personal, and somebody will always love/hate what you name your kids.  My FI is Swiss, and with a common German last name, I thought we could go with something clearly appreciative of his background but also a little different-Liesel.  He immediately made a joke about her being chubby (like we were) when she's little, and how the other kids might call her Liesel the Diesel.  Seriously...I was mad at him for a while about that one.  

For boys, we like Wade Werner W., which has his grandfather's middle name, and an awesome nickname for sports.  "Trip dub!"  Also, Jakkob Ivan W., which is his other grandfather's name and the Swiss nickname is, phoenetically, something like "Colby."

For girl's I've tried to convince him of Madeleine, and Eleni (a gorgeous Greek name that is a derivitave of my name), and the only name we both like is Audrey.  

My pet peeve is people with the last name Smith naming their kid a top ten name.  I mean, even if you love Aiden, can't you save it for the boy you have in five years instead of the one you have now?  He will be one of thousands, and that's just sad.  Of course, I'm someone with a super strange Greek last name and mispelled first and middle name...

Previously Alaynajuliana

• We have had many talks abou names. We both have huge families and Ihave very common names. I always wanted to name my daughter, Piper Jean but it wouldn't work with FH's last name. I also liked Cash Joshua for a boy but my sister decided on Cash for her son, if her baby is a boy. FH and I decided on Lorelai Jean for a girl and Gabriel James for a boy. I like Aria for a girl. I joke that if we had a second boy his name would be Oliver Noon, Noon is my mom's madian name.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Collin James or Collin Michael Lydia Rose Melora Rose
  • My baby girls name is lily pi'ilani. Her middle name is Hawaiian so probably sounds way prettier than however you just said it in tour head lol. Pi'ilani is her great grand mothers middle name. I also have my great grandmothers middle name. We kind of switch off in our family.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:9d7abc84-c9d2-4c2e-9980-b1871e98d3e1">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names are very personal, and somebody will always love/hate what you name your kids.  My FI is Swiss, and with a common German last name, I thought we could go with something clearly appreciative of his background but also a little different-Liesel.  He immediately made a joke about her being chubby (like we were) when she's little, and how the other kids might call her Liesel the Diesel.  Seriously...I was mad at him for a while about that one.   <strong>For boys, we like Wade Werner W., which has his grandfather's middle name, and an awesome nickname for sports.  "Trip dub!" </strong> Also, Jakkob Ivan W., which is his other grandfather's name and the Swiss nickname is, phoenetically, something like "Colby." For girl's I've tried to convince him of Madeleine, and Eleni (a gorgeous Greek name that is a derivitave of my name), and the only name we both like is Audrey.   My pet peeve is people with the last name Smith naming their kid a top ten name.  I mean, even if you love Aiden, can't you save it for the boy you have in five years instead of the one you have now?  He will be one of thousands, and that's just sad.  Of course, I'm someone with a super strange Greek last name and mispelled first and middle name...
    Posted by Alaynajuliana[/QUOTE]

My friend is expecting and her husband is insistent on Wyatt Wade W. if it's a boy which she is horrified over. We are already calling it "Baby Dubs"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:45d3d4d2-7a31-4417-b1a2-9285829e7fc9">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen Harper on here a lot too - I'm shocked by how popular it's becoming! Harper is my middle name (and my grandma's maiden name), and I loved the idea of naming our daughter Harper until it became so popular.
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

Isn't it so weird? I blame celebrities. It's my middle name as well, but my family has always called me by my middle name. It's also my mom's maiden name, so we have the same middle and last name, wooooo.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:ce26f216-f99c-4b14-83d9-8626d0496c51">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : Isn't it so weird? I blame celebrities. It's my middle name as well, but my family has always called me by my middle name. It's also my mom's maiden name, so we have the same middle and last name, wooooo.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Funny! Middle name twins! We come from the same Scottish clan. I've always really liked the idea of switching my first and middle names, so rather than "Zoe Harper" I'd be "Harper Zoe". Also, if I became famous, I would call myself Harper Zoe.</div><div>
    </div><div>Both my first and last names have become extremely popular in the last ten years and it's disconcerting. I'm no longer the only living person with my first+last name (according to Google). Part of the reason I'm taking FI's last name is to have a unique name again... he has Luxembourger roots so his name is fairly unusual.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, someone said the name Wade, and I love that name. So cute.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:92337c9d-be0c-4642-8d6a-cbb7a4d7d24f">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are the names I currently love: Girls: Delilah/Lyla, Emilie, Emma, Harper, Hannah, Zoey Boys: Trevor I believe the only one  that FI agreed with was "Zoey"...so we probably have a long road ahead of us. My friend had a bulldog named "Roxanne" (Roxy)
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

I brought it up with FI last night again. The only names we can agree on are Zoey and Delilah.

However, I now recall that I did him like an extreme crazy favor that involved 12 hours of my time and I told him I would do it in exchange for the naming rights of our first born....so while I'd be perfectly happy with our mutually chosen girls names, if it's a boy, his name is Trevor.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• We don't want kids, but here are some names I love anyway:

Madison
    Stella
    Harper
    Payton
    Addison
    Madeline
    Blythe

Hunter
    Jackson
    Mason
    Jeremy