Snarky Brides

Confessions?

Re: Confessions?

• edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:69f6eeaa-a582-4999-8614-3796f79e430d">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : OMG that would kill me and destroy my efficiency.  I listen to music all day every day.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Seriously, B It's killing me. I just get into a groove and am very productive when I listen to my iPod. I can get so much done and between this and the fact that my job has become horribly mundane over the last several months, I just don't want to do anything. Even when I start doing work I have one co-worker listening to sports radio, another one who thinks he's the next GD American idol and sings all day and people on the phone or just having conversations. Really? Singing in the office is ok, but quietly listening to music and working isn't?

I wan to punch things right now.
  • I confess two things:

I am stoked for The Sing Off tonight. And for the glass - or two- of wine that I will have with it.

I am not feeling very supportive of FI's business endeavor right now, because it is keeping him living far away from our home, and because this is the slow season and we are flat broke. I worry sometimes that I cannot handle the financial uncertainty associated with self-employment. December through March are really rough on us. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WR Confession, I spent a month looking through and picking out beautiful wedding invites (I was planning to order them next week). While I was shopping this weekend I found some kind of plain but pretty white ones at a craft store for next to nothing. I'm using the white ones because I honestly don't think people give a shiit what my invites look like and most likely they'll be in a garbage can within minutes of getting opened. I can spend that money on better things for the wedding that my guests will actually be able to enjoy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also confess that I'm kind of pissed at FI right now because he took all of the oranges (probably 10 left) to work with him this morning and didn't leave any for me. We've both been going through them like candy since his grandma sent us some from Florida, and all I wanted this morning was a freaking orange!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:c5e7bad4-f3f3-4a14-a690-6e9d0bacd04e">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Seriously, B It's killing me. I just get into a groove and am very productive when I listen to my iPod. I can get so much done and between this and the fact that my job has become horribly mundane over the last several months, I just don't want to do anything. Even when i start doing work I have one co-worker listening to sports radio, another one who thinks he's the next GD American idol and sings all day and people on the phone or just having conversations. Really? Singing in the office os ok, but quietly listening to music and working isn't? I wan to punch things right now.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]
    Easy solution: Buy speakers for your computer and blast your music- preferably heavy metal ;-)  I couldn't deal with it.  I work right next to our tech support guy, so he's fielding crazy customer calls all day.  I'd just sit at my desk laughing hysterically all day if it weren't for my XM radio.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My grandma called me this morning for an early-morning guilt trip.

She says all she wants for Christmas is for me to quit smoking.  I confess that I made no promises, and I really don't WANT to quit, so I probably won't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:c5e7bad4-f3f3-4a14-a690-6e9d0bacd04e">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Seriously, B It's killing me. I just get into a groove and am very productive when I listen to my iPod. I can get so much done and between this and the fact that my job has become horribly mundane over the last several months, I just don't want to do anything. Even when I start doing work I have one co-worker listening to sports radio, another one who thinks he's the next GD American idol and sings all day and people on the phone or just having conversations. Really? Singing in the office is ok, but quietly listening to music and working isn't? I wan to punch things right now.

Snake your headphones up the back of your shirt, and wear your hair down, and keep it quiet enough that you can hear people talk to you ;)

I wasn't in high school recently or anything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:5af17de6-2d38-471a-81db-d7bdd4a386c0">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : YEP!  Won 3 back-to-back immunity challanges, guaranteeing himself a spot in the final 3.  Took Sash and Chase, and the two of them bickered back and forth during the final tribal council.  Final vote was 5 for Fabio, 4 for Chase.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I wanted Jane to win, but Fabio was my second choice. I never liked Sash or Chase. I'll have to see if I can find it online anywhere. Or maybe my mom DVR'd it.
  • I confess that I miss you girls lots and lots and lots. I also feel guilty over how much I love my job when so many people hate their jobs or without jobs and fervently looking. I got a bonus last week, and I've been here a month. Seriously, I love this place.

I also confess that I was a TOTAL bitch to a lady who stole my parking space at Target at lunch. I should feel bad about it, but I confess that I don't.  

I waited with my turn signal on for a front spot and she rounded the back of the parking lot, FLEW down the lane and zipped in almost taking off my fender. I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting her. I flipped her off, parked further down and ended up right at her tacky fucking minivan as she was getting her kids out. I stopped and looked at her, and she saw me and laughed and said, "Oh, sorry! I have kids I have to get in from the cold!" I just looked at her and said, "Then put coats and hats on them and stop being an asshole in traffic. Merry Christmas, you unimaginable bitch."

Turns out, we both had returns, so she was stuck behind me in line. I took the absolute longest time possible to find my receipt, take my return out of the bag, and put my cash back in my purse perfectly. Then I chatted up the little guy behind the counter doing returns. Before I left I turned around, looked her up and down and judged her ugly sweatpant/sweatshirt and then went on my merry way. I really hope I ruined her day.
  • B - Haha, we're not allowed to do that either (listen out-loud) but some people seem to get away with it. I'm not one of them, of course.

Any - Holy ish, that's a great idea. You? High School? Pshh, maybe like 8 years ago!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:ef412201-135d-485a-ae25-591a4594e4ad">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I miss you girls lots and lots and lots. I also feel guilty over how much I love my job when so many people hate their jobs or without jobs and fervently looking. I got a bonus last week, and I've been here a month. Seriously, I love this place. I also confess that I was a TOTAL bitch to a lady who stole my parking space at Target at lunch. I should feel bad about it, but I confess that I don't.   I waited with my turn signal on for a front spot and she rounded the back of the parking lot, FLEW down the lane and zipped in almost taking off my fender. I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting her. I flipped her off, parked further down and ended up right at her tacky fucking minivan as she was getting her kids out. I stopped and looked at her, and she saw me and laughed and said, "Oh, sorry! I have kids I have to get in from the cold!" I just looked at her and said, "Then put coats and hats on them and stop being an asshole in traffic. Merry Christmas, you unimaginable bitch." Turns out, we both had returns, so she was stuck behind me in line. I took the absolute longest time possible to find my receipt, take my return out of the bag, and put my cash back in my purse perfectly. Then I chatted up the little guy behind the counter doing returns. Before I left I turned around, looked her up and down and judged her ugly sweatpant/sweatshirt and then went on my merry way. I really hope I ruined her day.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I love you like whoa.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:ef412201-135d-485a-ae25-591a4594e4ad">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I miss you girls lots and lots and lots. I also feel guilty over how much I love my job when so many people hate their jobs or without jobs and fervently looking. I got a bonus last week, and I've been here a month. Seriously, I love this place. I also confess that I was a TOTAL bitch to a lady who stole my parking space at Target at lunch. I should feel bad about it, but I confess that I don't.   I waited with my turn signal on for a front spot and she rounded the back of the parking lot, FLEW down the lane and zipped in almost taking off my fender. I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting her. I flipped her off, parked further down and ended up right at her tacky fucking minivan as she was getting her kids out. I stopped and looked at her, and she saw me and laughed and said, "Oh, sorry! I have kids I have to get in from the cold!" I just looked at her and said, "Then put coats and hats on them and stop being an asshole in traffic. Merry Christmas, you unimaginable bitch." Turns out, we both had returns, so she was stuck behind me in line. I took the absolute longest time possible to find my receipt, take my return out of the bag, and put my cash back in my purse perfectly. Then I chatted up the little guy behind the counter doing returns. Before I left I turned around, looked her up and down and judged her ugly sweatpant/sweatshirt and then went on my merry way. I really hope I ruined her day.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

You're my hero.  People like unimaginable bitch are the reason I don't go anywhere near a store this time of year.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:b0096c2c-70ac-47d9-9de2-9e3050ec9f96">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]B - Haha, we're not allowed to do that either (listen out-loud) but some people seem to get away with it. I'm not one of them, of course. Any - Holy ish, that's a great idea. You? High School? Pshh, maybe like 8 years ago!

I had a leather case I could hook into my jeans, and since I was at a desk I just kept my one hand there so I could turn it off quickly too. I'm pretty much a master.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:3db5943e-d48e-4a18-80b6-178566d43e8c">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : <strong>You're my hero.</strong>  People like unimaginable bitch are the reason I don't go anywhere near a store this time of year.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

I swear, I popped back in here and was just about to say the same thing. For reals, Bec that made my day.
  • Dang Bec. I'd kiss you if I could!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:ef412201-135d-485a-ae25-591a4594e4ad">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I confess that I work in retail, and things like this make me happy. We get so much bitchiness this time of year and people blame it on "stress". Yeah, that's no reason to be bitchy to someone who is trying to help you. I'm glad you were able to set her straight. (I especially love that you had a chat with the guy working. Sometimes we need some Christmas cheer, too!)

</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2010
    Also, I just googled "unimaginable bitch" and found this. Very fitting for this time of year, no?

• I really shouldn't get such a thrill from being so mean to someone, but it really made my day. I'm evil.
  • That story made my day, Bec. I wish I could have been there just to see the look on her face. Or see what happens later when one of the kids tells their dad or whoever that their mom is an unimaginative bitch.
  • OMG I love you, Bec. 

It makes me irrationably angry that she

1) had kids
    2) put them in danger over a PARKING SPACE
    3) used that as an excuse for cutting you off.  What a c-u-next-tuesday.

• I confess that everyone's cat sigs and pics is really making me want to go out and get a little kitty >.< and name him rogue... or crowley (Yes I have put thought into this)

• Bec, you're a badass.

I confess that I didn't go to work today because I had a fuckton of wedding dreams and now I'm exhausted and worried my teeth might fall out.

My dad officially started crying about losing his little girl this weekend.  I confess that is FREAKING ME OUT.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:b0096c2c-70ac-47d9-9de2-9e3050ec9f96">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]B - Haha, we're not allowed to do that either (listen out-loud) but some people seem to get away with it. I'm not one of them, of course. Any - Holy ish, that's a great idea. You? High School? Pshh, maybe like 8 years ago!
    I just thought of another excellent solution.  Make your own music.  Turn your desk into a drum set and randomly tap out beats with staplers, pens, whatever.  Then randomly start singing songs in the most off-tune way you can imagine, and with half the lyrics wrong.  They'll change their minds right quick.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • edited December 2010
    Bec, that's awesome. It seriously bugs me when people use having kids as an excuse to be assholes.

I confess that I kinda hope after my procedure in Jan. that my doc tells me I have to try to get pregnant sooner rather than later.

ETA: I also confess that I was silently judging my friend's sister's wedding this weekend. It was traditional to the point of boredom--zero personality at all.
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Bec - You kinda rock my world right now. Parking spot stealers' sense of entitlement makes me sick. That was awesome and I love that you relish in ruining her day. I once ruined a lady that worked at Guitar Center's Christmas I'm convinced, and loved every second of it.

Kim - I hate those teeth falling out stress dreams :( Try to relax, take a hot bath or something.

Photobucket
  • Evil Bec is damn funny.  And vengeful :)
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:09946d33-2685-48a1-bf73-4748c0a9391a">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bec, you're a badass. I confess that I didn't go to work today because I had a fuckton of wedding dreams and now I'm exhausted and worried my teeth might fall out. My dad officially started crying about losing his little girl this weekend.  I confess that is FREAKING ME OUT.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

I had a wedding dream last night too. Let's just say that this morning I woke up thinking I was pregnant and due 2 weeks before the scheduled wedding date.
  • I confess that I really need to get back in shape... If we want to have kids in a few years, I need to really lose weight.  But, everytime I go into the doctor they tell me other than being overweight, I'm perfectly healthy. If that's not affecting anything else, I'm too damn tired to fix it.   
  • kcullen, I don't have a bath tub  Yell  But I did take a nap which was nice.

I was totally conviced I was missing a tooth this morning, LTZ.  It took a few minutes for me to realize it was a dream.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards