New York-Hudson Valley

Venue is picked...now I need recommendations for EVERYTHING else!

Hey there! Well we finally decided on our venue, now I am on to everything else. With a September 2012 wedding date, it is fast approaching. I have a few photographers in mind and a few DJ's. I would love to hear any recommendations you might have on anyone you have worked with personally! Anything and everything helps :) Thank you!

Re: Venue is picked...now I need recommendations for EVERYTHING else!

• edited December 2011
    Which venue did you pick/what town is your wedding in? My photographer and DJ are in Dutchess County so I'm not sure if my recs would be helpful to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mmarsden83mmarsden83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I should have included that in the original post. I am getting ready in Orange County, the church will either be in Orange or Rockland County (that is still undecided) my venue is Old Tappan Manor in Old Tappan NJ. I am open for anything as long as they are willing to travel as well.
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ELISSA from EID PHOTOGRAPHY!!!  Love her, she is the sweetest person and she's so open to your style as well as her own.  I would definitely look into her.  and she works with budgets!!  She's in Poughkeepsie, don't know where your venue is.  That would be helpful to know. 

I also have a Sept 2012 wedding but I've gotten the majority of my vendors done so I can offer a lot of advice if you'd like.  Just send me a PM if you'd like.'

DJ - DJ Company and I think it's called rth company or something like that now.  Ryan is the contact, out of Nyack. 

Florist - Lucille's Floral in Fishkill... again, further up north, but I know she travels and she's really great with budgets!  I'm paying under $2g's for my flowers for EVERYTHING. 

Anything else, let me know!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sdomi639sdomi639 member
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Old tappan manor!!! Im getting married there in feb!!! 2 more months!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Congrats on your wedding! I am using Digital Weddings in Fishkill, Soundsensational DJ - Stevie V, Flowers by Christine located in Hopewell NY, Rev. Stuart from Hudson Valley Ceremonies, and Best of Time Video from Wallkill. Graphic Nature for the invitations, also located in Fishkill. If you are interested, PM me! Laughing
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did a vendor review a few weeks ago for my October wedding.  We are from Rockland, so things will be fairly local for you.  I sent you a PM of the details, but I recommend...
    the DJ company - now known as rth event group - Nyack
    Bassett Flowers - New City
    Allan Levine photography - out of Lagrangville, a little far, but amazing stuff
    my makeup and hair people were great, Hendrick Gil and Andrea Beckerich
    a little cake - park ridge nj
  • mmarsden83mmarsden83 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! TSTEGER - I did get your pm. I will look into everything you had mentioned and let you know if I have any questions. Thank you for everything, that was great!
  • BURGH2NYCBURGH2NYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We loved Jean Kallina of Hudson Valley Photography.  She's really incredible and is one of the top rated photographers on TheKnot.

• edited December 2011
    Elissa of EID Photography.  Amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations girl!

I am also planning a September 2012 wedding and have booked our DJ/Photographer.  We went with Music Speaks Volumes/Te Cache Photography (they offer joint packages) and we got an amazing deal!  They're based out of Beacon, NY I believe, and we even got a photo booth included!  I highly recommend them; they've been great to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elissa at EID Photography all the way!! She's untouchable.  Did our engagement pics, all of our holiday photos, is doing my budoir shot next month and our wedding in April.  I can't say enough about her!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! Congratulations on your engagement! We've worked with a number of professionals and for a Hudson Valley wedding, here are our recommendations: Dyana Van Campen or Andre Maier for photography. They're both very experienced and great to work with. As far as a DJ/Entertainment company... Hal Prince Entertainment is flawless. Their MC's Oscar and Dave really know how to get a party going and keep everyone on the dance floor having a great time the whole night. Good Luck!
  • We're also having our recpetion at OTM.  July 2012.  The DJ we booked was  a preferred vendor which means free meal Damien from Sumar entertainment. We also really like the person we met with from Elegant Ensembles. Our photographer isnt local, he's in Brooklyn...probably not helpful lol.
  • I'm looking at them as well! I want the same package as you.. My wedding isn't until may 11 2013.. but if you remember.. let me know how the flow went with them and how everyone ended up with the photobooth and.. how you like the pictures from te cache :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards