Georgia-Atlanta

HM in Savannah??

FI and I are thinking about going to Savannah, Ga for our HM. Has anyone been there and have any suggestions on places to stay or things to do?? I would love some ideas! Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HM in Savannah??

• Almost MrsKAlmost MrsK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Savannah! There are tons of things to do. Last time I was there was for a teaching conference and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express downtown. You wouldn't think a Holiday Inn would be anything special but it was really nice and reasonable. It had a rooftop pool and was within walking distance to everything. Paula's restaurant is definitely worth trying, and it is fun just to walk up and down River Street or around the downtown area. Tybee Island and Hilton Head aren't far to drive to. If you go to Tybee, go to the Crab Shack. It's pretty much set up like a back porch and is an experience in itself. I know I just wrote you a novel, but don't worry about running out of things to do there! 
  • edited December 2011

Maybe the ladies on the Georgia-Savannah board can give you some more ideas. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff for you to get into...I second pp on going to Paula's restaurant!

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Yea.. I've posted them same questions there wall, but no respone yet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

There are some very nice hotels in Savannah. The Forsyth Park Inn is gorgeous and romantic. It is also reported to be haunted; however, lots of places in Savannah are supposed to be haunted. Savannah is beautiful and there lots of things to do. Tybee Island has a nice public beach if you want a little sun,

CCH

• jle625jle625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dont miss the Crab Shack! Its awesome! We're actually leaving in the morning for a long weekend down there. I would recommend a carriage ride through the streets and a picnic in the park! My folks have a house down there but I have stayed in the River Street Inn and it was a great experience. I personally would pass up Paula's Lady and Sons and head out to Uncle Bubbas instead. Not as much hype and the food is ridiculously good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We just got back from Savannah yesterday. It was a nice place but not a place I would go for my honeymoon.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • edited December 2011
    I love Savannah! It is one of my favorite places to go to. Going to Tybee Island is a lot of fun. There is so many things to do there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards