Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

No Father daughter dance..how to make up for it... HELP!

My husband and I got married about 7 omnths ago
Probably my only regret about my wedding day...
We decided not to do the traditional first dance/father daughter/mother son
Neither of us are big dancers..in fact we were both DREADING the dances and we had a very casual fun wedding so didn't want to when the time came..so w didn't

BUT I am a HUGEEEE daddys girl! And have an extremely close relationship with my dad..he had always talked about dancing with me and my wedding.
I dont know why I didn't think about it when we decided to skip it last minute..Im sure it broke his heart.. even though he has never mentioned it.
And now 7 months later it is breaking mine!

How can I make up for it? I dont live close..13 hours away. so having a anniversary party doesnt make sense....

Anyone have any ideas on how to make it up to my dad?

Re: No Father daughter dance..how to make up for it... HELP!

• Sorry but the ship is sailed. There is no way to make up for it. It's time to accept it and move on. Have you even talked to him about it because it's quite possible it's all in your head.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_no-father-daughter-dancehow-to-make-up-for-it-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:260fff39-4ffb-41ca-b034-ef9c0dd3b3c5Post:4134dffa-bbfb-4b52-8cb4-367f4083af17">Re: No Father daughter dance..how to make up for it... HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry you missed your chance to dance with your dad on your weding day. If it was that important to him, I can't imagine why he didn't bring it up before or during the wedding. <strong>Maybe he isn't as upset about it as you think. I think you should just let it go.</strong>
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree.</div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe send him a handwritten note, thanking him for all he's done for you. . .even though you're married you're still daddy's little girl. . .that sort of thing.</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We didn't have dances, either. As a gift, I gave my father a figurine of a Dad and daughter dancing that had an engraved thing on it that said, "I'll always be Daddy's little girl" and our wedding date on it. He loved it. Maybe you could do something like that. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Do you have a nice picture of you and your dad from you wedding day? Perhaps frame the picture nicely. Keep one frame for yourself and give one frame to your dad as well. Another option could be to get a frame that has two picture spots. Put a picture of you and your dad when you were little, and a picture of you and your dad on your wedding day. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_no-father-daughter-dancehow-to-make-up-for-it-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:260fff39-4ffb-41ca-b034-ef9c0dd3b3c5Post:e4ed53e1-edf2-41ac-8306-fe1862618790">Re: No Father daughter dance..how to make up for it... HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a nice picture of you and your dad from you wedding day? Perhaps frame the picture nicely. Keep one frame for yourself and give one frame to your dad as well. Another option could be to get a frame that has two picture spots. Put a picture of you and your dad when you were little, and a picture of you and your dad on your wedding day. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Great idea!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_no-father-daughter-dancehow-to-make-up-for-it-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:260fff39-4ffb-41ca-b034-ef9c0dd3b3c5Post:22827211-34c4-4573-a333-6a787ec5ca54">Re: No Father daughter dance..how to make up for it... HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't have dances, either. As a gift, I gave my father a figurine of a Dad and daughter dancing that had an engraved thing on it that said, "I'll always be Daddy's little girl" and our wedding date on it. He loved it. Maybe you could do something like that. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Another great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards