Wedding Woes
Options

IHO of Mr. Christian and his modestly dressed daughters

What is considered 'modest'? No skirts above the knee? No shorts? No pants?

No push up bras?

I'll be damned if any future daugther of mine parades around in coochie cutters looking like a Great Glam model, but I don't think it's something I'll be crazy strict about either.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: IHO of Mr. Christian and his modestly dressed daughters

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

as long as Wolverine is age-appropriate, and doesn't look like she's for sale, I probably won't have a problem with what she wears.

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

SO glad I have boys!  I just have to work on the "no tattoos until you're 21" deal. 

And teach them that ogling is wrong and all that. But at least it won't be about how they dress.

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much for modesty. I'm for venue-appropriateness and for being comfortable. So, like, we "fight" about Bacon wanting to wear a skirt to go hiking, which is obviously ridiculous. 

I imagine in the future it will be more about how what she wears sends a message. Ratty jeans in church? "I don't care about God." Skin in the winter? "I'm a moron." That sort of thing. But then, I don't get chuffed about "string" bikinis and showing midriffs, and it's damn hard to say, "It's your body" and then demand she cover it up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think what is modest varies.  I knew a girl in high school that was some form of Pentecostal and had to wear ankle length skirts.  Never pants. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_iho-of-mr-christian-his-modestly-dressed-daugthers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:d2dabac7-8709-48bf-8188-4335e22dfb6bPost:efcc1d4d-6244-4b3e-a9f2-1cd8693c46f4">Re: IHO of Mr. Christian and his modestly dressed daughters</a>:
    [QUOTE]SO glad I have boys!  I just have to work on the "no tattoos until you're 21" deal.  And teach them that ogling is wrong and all that. But at least it won't be about how they dress.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

Having one of each means I can say "would you want someone to treat your sister like that?"
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Modesty is certainly subjective, but to me it means that you are dressed age appropriately, all "private parts" are covered and stand no chance of being exposed on accident, and you would feel comfortable wearing it in front of your grandparents.
    It pains me when I see little prepubesent girls in string bikinis - or really any kind of bikini.   I can't help but notice men eyeing them and I feel so awful.  I know that  the girls are innocent and naive AS THEY SHOULD BE AT THAT AGE, but as the PARENT of that child, one should make sure their children are protected from the weirdos of the world.
    And when teen girls wear tiny little flouncy mini skirts that are so popular now, I'm embarresed for them when their constantly making sure their ass doesn't show.
    I did not dress modestly in my tween and early teen years and I wish I had.  My parents should be ashamed of themselves for allowing me to walk out the door like that.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There were a couple of 7/8 yo girls in itty bitty bikinis at the pool.  What bothered me was these girls spent half their time tugging the suits into place when they should have been playing as freely as the boys. 
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_iho-of-mr-christian-his-modestly-dressed-daugthers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:d2dabac7-8709-48bf-8188-4335e22dfb6bPost:75c321a1-13e3-4698-a672-8943b6bdbebf">Re: IHO of Mr. Christian and his modestly dressed daughters</a>:
    [QUOTE]There were a couple of 7/8 yo girls in itty bitty bikinis at the pool.  What bothered me was these girls spent half their time tugging the suits into place when they should have been playing as freely as the boys. 
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

So true.  
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_iho-of-mr-christian-his-modestly-dressed-daugthers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:d2dabac7-8709-48bf-8188-4335e22dfb6bPost:6fdf4da1-c54d-47ef-a4ba-91e5fd791693">Re: IHO of Mr. Christian and his modestly dressed daughters</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not much for modesty. I'm for venue-appropriateness and for being comfortable. So, like, we "fight" about Bacon wanting to wear a skirt to go hiking, which is obviously ridiculous.  I imagine in the future it will be more about how what she wears sends a message. Ratty jeans in church? "I don't care about God." Skin in the winter? "I'm a moron." That sort of thing. But then, I don't get chuffed about "string" bikinis and showing midriffs, and it's damn hard to say, "It's your body" and then demand she cover it up. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

<div>This is probably how I will be. FI will likely be more strict, though.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't have an issue with string bikinis either, along the same venue-appropriate lines. These 12 year old girls came into the gas station where I work in them with no cover ups and I just feel like that is sort of odd and semi- inappropriate, but whatever. Wear stuff where you are supposed to where it or where it makes sense, like PP I quoted said. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_iho-of-mr-christian-his-modestly-dressed-daugthers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:d2dabac7-8709-48bf-8188-4335e22dfb6bPost:75c321a1-13e3-4698-a672-8943b6bdbebf">Re: IHO of Mr. Christian and his modestly dressed daughters</a>:
    [QUOTE]There were a couple of 7/8 yo girls in itty bitty bikinis at the pool.  What bothered me was these girls spent half their time tugging the suits into place when they should have been playing as freely as the boys. 
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. One pieces for the practicality win. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards