• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Monday

Hello!
How was everyone's weekend?
I worked, so mine was pretty boring.  Last night I went to dinner and TJMAXX shopping with a friend of mine from work. It was really fun. 
Today I have to work 8-4 instead of my usual Monday 12-8, and it's weird. I'm tired from this weekend and could have used the extra sleep. Oh well I guess! 

We're supposed to get hit by a storm today. I hope we actually get some snow! This winter has been terrible for snow here. So we'll see! 

What do you all have in store for today/this week? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Monday

• Hey!  I had a very nice weekend where I got a lot of stuff done.  We're still working our way through the ridiculousness that is adult life (life insurance, longterm disability insurance, retirement, savings, etc) due to my new job and benefits. 

CONGRATS AGGIE!!!!  YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE!!
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Good morning!  We woke up to 2 in of snow and its still falling.  Yay for more snow. and in less than 2.5hrs the house will officially be ours! Thanks Joy we are obviously so excited. :D

Joy we need to get some of that stuff worked out too.  I also think we REALLY need a will but H is being slow on that subject and its scaring me.  I think he thinks we need kids for that, but now that we have a mortgage I would really appreciate one in place.  

Jlq good luck at work! I hope it goes quickly :)  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Aggie - we don't have wills yet, either.  The house will be owned by both of us 100% (there's some legal term for that) so in the event that one person dies, the other person still 100% owns the home.  Jay has had life insurance for a long time, but upped it recently so that in the event of his death, I have enough money to pay off the house.  I'm upping my own to get as close as I can incase I die.  We'll get there on the wills!

I haven't been saving for retirement yet.  I just ignored it at my last job.  Now, I'm carrying the health/dental insurance, I picked up long term disability, life insurance and retirement.  I need a damn filing cabinet.  I can see us turning 65 and looking around going "Who all did we work for in the past?  We have to find our retirement accounts!"
  • Morning ladies!

We went to Kzoo on Saturday for DH's grandma's birthday.  It was nice to see everyone but I'm thankful we didn't spend the whole weekend.  Sunday we just relaxed.  It was very uneventful which is what I love :)

Aggie - Yay for being so close!!  DH and I don't have wills either.  Although I'm pretty sure in Michigan, everything goes to the spouse in the event something happens.  If we both die, well then that's our family's problem for the time being ;)    But we really don't have that much property except for the house and two cars.  Once kids are involved, then yeah, we'll get on the wills.

Joy - don't you feel like an adult?!  Yeah the house thing made me feel like a grown up but nothing was more "adult" than going through the life insurance policy process.  It's weird to plan for your own death.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Good Morning Lovely Ladies! We didn't do much of anything this weekend. The basement is all organized! I threw out some stuff and donated some stuff. We found some old papers from college which was fun to go threw. I had forgotten how awesome of a student I was, hahaha! Sunday I got a migraine. I haven't completely kicked it but I hope to soon.

Aggie: Yea on the house. When do you start moving?
    Joy/LVB: I agree. Owning a house has made me more worried about things I never cared about, such as retirement and life insurance. We are sitting down with an finical adviser about your retirements because right now I have three different 401K and two pensions, plus husband stuff. It would be nice to get it all organized.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • It's official! Weee.  We will move most of the stuff on Fri/Sat. But some stuff will be moved throughout the week. Yes both of us own the house 100% so I am not worried about that specifically but they can freeze accounts until things are settled. Not that I expect any issues but I woud rather be safe than sorry. H has life insurance, but I don't.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Good Luck with the move Aggie! Congrats!!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • YAY AGGIE!!!!  Welcome to home ownership!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Congrats!!!  So exciting!!!
  • Congrats, Aggie!!!!! Good luck with the move! 

We also don't have wills. DH has two retirement plans with his work. He has like a normal one, and then an extra one. I dunno. My job doesn't even offer a retirement plan. Or insurance. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards