Chit Chat
Options

This may be a naive question, but are the groom and bride included in the total number?

I just started working on my wedding and I haven't asked the reception sites/catering venues this question...   but are the groom and bride included in the total number when the "per head/per person" number needs to be guaranteed?  I guess I always assumed that it was just guests that were charged, but I don't know.  Anyone know the answer to this?  Is it complimentary etiqueete for most venues or should I request it if it isn't given?

Re: This may be a naive question, but are the groom and bride included in the total number?

• Options
    You need to include the bride and groom in the headcount given to caterers if you want to eat.  I've never heard of a recpetion site that built the price of "complimentary" dinners into the bride and groom into the rates per plate.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_this-may-naive-question-but-groom-bride-included-total-number?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:f8dba067-bf47-44b4-992f-a4ec768b1cb4Post:200d3608-8acf-4a3a-b49f-2d5896e4ea2e">This may be a naive question, but are the groom and bride included in the total number?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just started working on my wedding and I haven't asked the reception sites/catering venues this question...   but are the groom and bride included in the total number when the "per head/per person" number needs to be guaranteed?  I guess I always assumed that it was just guests that were charged, but I don't know.  Anyone know the answer to this?  Is it complimentary etiqueete for most venues or should I request it if it isn't given?
    Posted by khannahlee[/QUOTE]
    The final count has more to do with an accurate plate count than "charging" the guests.  Ditto other poster - if you plan on eating, you have to count yourself in.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Ditto PPs.  I've never heard of them not charging per head.
  • Options
    You want to eat and drink, right?  
  • Options
    I have never heard of a B&G being comped their meals.  Yes, if you plan to eat, you need to add two more to the reception count.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Not only that, you need to include the DJ, photographer, videographer ect. in the final count - at least for mine (since I don't want them to leave for 45 minutes during dinner).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree w/ the pp's.  However when we were looking into one venue - the bride and groom counted in the final head count, but the vendor headcount didn't matter. (venuewise) but when it came to the food - OF COURSE IT DID. (not yelling there..)  So I guess, with the experience I've had so far.. It depends on who you talk to.  But if you're talking to the food vendors... YUP.  Include yourselves and those you intend on feeding.  I'm glad you asked because it made me think of something I was forgetting in my own figures.... feeding the dj, the pastor (and perhaps his wife and kids if they come - don't want to, but ya can't expect to starve the people who work for you.) and the photographer.  Money mouth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards