Chit Chat

Any other accountants?

Have a May wedding and make your RSVP date by 4/15??

Fiance is a CPA and I'm halfway there, we put please RSVP by 4/15 for our 5/4 wedding for giggles (and for the giggles of all our invited accountant friends). 

Also, bless your stressed heart if you are currently going through busy season and planning a wedding at the same time!  I would die.  Which is why I left public accounting a year+ ago.   Cool

Re: Any other accountants?

• My FI is a CPA too.  I've come to hate busy season with a passion...
  • My FI is an accountant. This is his first year with a big company and he's certainly busy, poor man. He told me we'd never take trips during busy season so our wedding is in October.
  • I'm an accountant but with a private company. It's our busy season because we are getting everything together for auditors. I am ready for it to be over so I can have a life again.  My CPA studying got put on hold again, this time for the wedding. I have a feeling it will never happen.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am an accountant at a CPA firm and I purposely got just about everything done before it got really crazy at work.  Not stressing about it too much at all.  BAS I feel the same way about he exam, my plan was to start taking last year, but then we got engaged, but it will happen in the near future.  OP, I think it is very appropriate to have a 4/15 deadline in your situation.  Good luck!
  • In Response to Re:Any other accountants?:[QUOTE]You made your RSVP date excessively early as an inside joke? nbsp;Wow, even if I got that joke, I'd still be irritated at having to commit earlier than usual just so you could have a private giggle. nbsp;Our RSVPs weren't even due that early, and we did all our own catering. Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstood. Her wedding is May 4th and her RSVP date is April 15 that's only a couple weeks apart...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_any-other-accountants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a1176546-4eac-43eb-ab05-dbdd70f428fbPost:f6fb94fc-97f8-4322-8e20-0eb9648b2885">Re: Any other accountants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You made your RSVP date excessively early as an inside joke?  Wow, even if I got that joke, I'd still be irritated at having to commit earlier than usual just so you could have a private giggle.  Our RSVPs weren't even due that early, and we did all our own catering.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

wut.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_any-other-accountants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a1176546-4eac-43eb-ab05-dbdd70f428fbPost:1fcb85af-7ce0-4042-a61a-4187b606a4cb">Re: Any other accountants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm an accountant but with a private company. It's our busy season because we are getting everything together for auditors. I am ready for it to be over so I can have a life again.  My CPA studying got put on hold again, this time for the wedding. I have a feeling it will never happen.
    Posted by BAS19[/QUOTE]

Same here!  Auditors coming at you left and right (we have our own internal ones, and then third parties).  I have passed 2 of 4 and told myself my wedding present, to myself, would be to pass all 4 by May, butttt... no way is that going to happen!  I'm going to get in one more (audit) at the beginning of April and then put it down for a while.  Good luck if/when you get back on the wagon!  (not a fun place to be)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards