Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

What would you do about the ring?

I'm totally over thinking this but I can't decide if it better to keep it a sort of surprise or to have him try it on way in advance.

We are getting married on 12/12/12 and both my rings are already in our possession and I've tried them on together to check the size as well as see how they look. I have been paying off my FI for the last 6 months and can go make my final payment as well as pick it up this weekend. My question is should my FI come with to try the ring on in store to check if the resizing was done and fits, should I wait till closer to our wedding to pull the ring out of a drawer and have him try it on or should I just give it to him on our wedding day and hope that the store who sized him (we had other places do it to double check and confirm) and sized the ring did it correctly.

Any way we do it the sizing for life is free and this is his "good ring" so it isn't the one that will be worn everyday even though it is his wedding ring. His everyday work ring he already has and wears as an engagement ring and will still wear every day after we are married. His good ring would be damaged and broken within months if not sooner because of his job.

Did you have your guy try on his ring beforehand to double check the fit before the wedding or did you just wait till day of to help keep it a surprise of how it looks on his hand when it fits?

Re: What would you do about the ring?

• My husband picked and bought his own ring, so he tried it and on and had is sized appropriately before the wedding.

I think it's the best idea for him to try it on and have it the correct size before the wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_what-would-you-do-about-the-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:47e1178c-4c32-46aa-a49a-af1b29660186Post:bbed2ea9-4de1-4f49-a9db-f2c43ef0f499">What would you do about the ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm totally over thinking this but I can't decide if it better to keep it a sort of surprise or to have him try it on way in advance. We are getting married on 12/12/12 and both my rings are already in our possession and I've tried them on together to check the size as well as see how they look. I have been paying off my FI for the last 6 months and can go make my final payment as well as pick it up this weekend. My question is should my FI come with to try the ring on in store to check if the resizing was done and fits, should I wait till closer to our wedding to pull the ring out of a drawer and have him try it on or should I just give it to him on our wedding day and hope that the store who sized him (we had other places do it to double check and confirm) and sized the ring did it correctly. Any way we do it the sizing for life is free and this is his "good ring" so it isn't the one that will be worn everyday even though it is his wedding ring. His everyday work ring he already has and wears as an engagement ring and will still wear every day after we are married. His good ring would be damaged and broken within months if not sooner because of his job. Did you have your guy try on his ring beforehand to double check the fit before the wedding or did you just wait till day of to help keep it a surprise of how it looks on his hand when it fits?
    Posted by eileen1086[/QUOTE]

Did he not pick it out??  My FI picked out his own ring and was sized when we ordered it.  He will try it on again when we go pick it up.  I picked out my wedding band and tried it on, why wouldn't he?

It sounds like he didn't pick out his ring.  If this is the case, tell him to close his eyes when he tries it on.
  • No he was there when we picked it out. The only reason he showed me mine when they both arrived was because we only had 30 to get them resized for free and we wanted to see how big of a gap is between the rings since the style doesn't sit flush. He just really likes surprises and I'm the opposite so I have been thinking if I could get away with not having him see it once it was sized. I like the idea of just asking him to close him eyes so it will be a surprise to see how it looks when we actually get married. I just was wondering how most people handle seeing the rings before the wedding.
  • Hah, I have to shoo my FI away from putting his ring on all the time :p. I think he secretly does it because he likes being shooed, but the point is that they can definitely try it on before hand. Definitely recommend it.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• My FI and I will be going together to choose our rings.. He already knows what he wants because we have looked before. I think he should try it on before and make sure it fits properly because if it is really too big or too small he won't be able to wear it on his wedding day, which I'm sure neither of you would be happy with. Like PP said, have him close his eyes if it's a surprise for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:What would you do about the ring?:[QUOTE]Hah, I have to shoo my FI away from putting his ring on all the time :p. I think he secretly does it because he likes being shooed, but the point is that they can definitely try it on before hand. Definitely recommend it. Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

: This is cute and made me smile. :
  • My FH picked out his own ring and I'm paying for it! If he didn't Pick it out blindfold him n let him try it on.
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • I like the blind fold him and have him try it on. But definately have him try it sooner than later just in case it doesnt fit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards