Pre-wedding Parties

Unique Wedding Shower Games

Looking for some fun out of the ordinary games to play at a shower.  Any suggesions?

Re: Unique Wedding Shower Games

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We are very much an "un-shower game" kind of group, but felt we needed to have a little something for guests to do while waiting for guests to arrive.

One "game" is a "guess the price" game.  We will have a variety of items on "display" --based on the "theme" of the shower....all things pink and/or zebra striped---and the items range in price from 50 cents (pack of pink bubble gum) to $8.00 (zebra striped umbrella) and everything in between.  Pink cake mixes, zebra striped emory boards, zebra striped magnifier glasses....you can virtually select anything you want.  The idea is for each guest to guess the cost of each item.  The guest who guesses closest to the actual price of the item gets to keep the item. 

Another somewhat more risque game is the "finish this sentence" game.  Guests are asked to finish this sentence, The chore I hate most is _____________ because..............   Now the guests don't know it at the time they fill it out, but once completed, the bride must read the sentences aloud.....BUT has to change the beginning of the sentence to, "I dislike sex (or making whoopee or whatever else you want to call it) because.....and finish with the explanation the guest wrote.  The bride gets to choose which answer was funniest, grossest.....whatever it is.  The answers usually are more innocent...."I hate doing laundry because......I have to do it at least once a week".....but can get fairly dicey!  We had a fairly varied age group and it was fun.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I always hide in the bathroom during the games.  I would just rather not do them at all.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_unique-wedding-shower-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:9d301740-4cde-4535-bce6-051bd7b32a4aPost:7ebbfec5-114f-4115-ae92-1ccae712eb55">Re: Unique Wedding Shower Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always hide in the bathroom during the games.  I would just rather not do them at all.
    Posted by RebeccaB88[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! Honestly, they're better left off the list when planning a shower. Most people only participate to be good sports. The best bridal showers I've been to just involve good food, drinks, and mingling. Then we watch the bride open her gifts as we all oooh and ahhh. There is honestly no need for games unless the bride has requested them.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm praying there will be no games at my shower.
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_unique-wedding-shower-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:9d301740-4cde-4535-bce6-051bd7b32a4aPost:f82caf5e-3610-43a8-b1b5-6f080f934586">Re: Unique Wedding Shower Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm praying there will be no games at my shower.
    Posted by hlq2011[/QUOTE]

You're leaving it up to prayer? I specifically told my girls that I think games are lame. I'd much rather just have a normal conversation... the only game I made an exception for is the 'present bingo', so that people have something to do other than stare at me while i'm opening gifts.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_unique-wedding-shower-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:9d301740-4cde-4535-bce6-051bd7b32a4aPost:82ab90a8-3504-4d24-8b2f-9614447ca59a">Re: Unique Wedding Shower Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unique Wedding Shower Games : You're leaving it up to prayer? I specifically told my girls that I think games are lame. I'd much rather just have a normal conversation... the only game I made an exception for is the 'present bingo', so that people have something to do other than stare at me while i'm opening gifts.
    Posted by LoveMuffins[/QUOTE]

Haha, well, my FSIL is kinda like me in that regard, so I'm thinking I'm safe, since she's planning the shower.  I admit, I'm nervous about my mom's and aunt's, though...
  • McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like games or forced participation in anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • budde022budde022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Games at a Bridal Shower are meant to break the ice between guests. I think that if you have a guest list where everyone knows everyone and can get along well you don't need the games. I like to play, if they are good games. However there is always one person that will try to cheat just to win the prize, in my case my soon to be MIL. I like the games that are "who knows the bride best" and you ask questions about her and whoever answers the most right wins or how well does the bride know the groom, that kind of stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lizhudson88lizhudson88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Clothes pin game: Every woman gets a clothes pin that they clip on to the end of their skirt. If someone catches you crossing your legs, they get to take your clothespin. The person with the most clothespins at the end of the shower get a prize.

• asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man I was at onelast year and it was AWFUL! Closepins, TP Wedding dresses... What ever happened to getting together with a handful of ladies, good food, good convo and punch? I told my MOH none of those cheesey games and if she wanted games they had to be fun non-traditional ones...  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards