Arizona-Phoenix

Bridal Shop Recs?

Hi ladies! I'm probably going to start my dress shopping in the next month, and was hoping for recs. I have checked through a few pages on this board already and so far this is what I've gathered:

Almond Tree and Uptown Bridal- getting raves
I Do I Do and David's Bridal- rants
Azteca, Suzanne's Bridal, and Wedding Superstore- mixed reviews

If there are any other shops you can either rave about or warn me off of I would really appreciate the heads up! If it makes a difference I hope to keep my budget at right around $1000. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shop Recs?

• sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got mine at Davids Bridal Arrowhead. I have nothing but great things to say about them! I bought my dress and BM dresses there.

The Wedding Accessory Superstore doesnt sale wedding gowns. They have all other dresses just not wedding gowns.

Good Luck

• edited December 2011
    that's good news b/c I live up in the arrowhead neighborhood. I'll have to put them back on my list- thanks!
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just a note that the brides against cancer benefit is coming up - weekend of Sept 18th - you might want to check that out as well :)
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

alschmid, can you tell me more about the Brides Against Cancer benefit? I'm poking around on their website, but having trouble getting any useful information about the dress sales events (as opposed to the organization itself). Having family members who have dealt with breast cancer, it is something I would be very interested in supporting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Suzanne's and Aztecta for my own dress.  Ended up buying a dress I saw at Azteca from Suzzane's Bridal.  I didn't dislike Azteca, but got a better vibe from Suzanne's. although my mom and friend who went with me to both said it was more comfortable for them at Azteca, becase Azteca doesn't allow children and felt less crowded because it is bigger.  Azteca also has some good prices if you can sacrafice service for a good deal.

I also just went dress shopping with my friend who is getting married. We went to Almond Tree and David's Bridal in Chandler.  Almond Tree was awesome and they were sooo nice, I really wish my friend had found her dream dress there.  David's Bridal was okay, but nothing to get too excited about.  It was an acceptable level of customer service, but nothing special, and a moderate amount of neglect.  She bought her dress there, because she found one she loved there.  I had no interest is going there myself for my dress, but both of my friends who are getting married soon bought their dresses there and have been happy so far.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here is another rave for David's Bridal Arrowhead. I just got my dress their Friday. 
     I made an appointment went with my MOH and figured I would try on a few  and see if I could find anything but didn't think I would.  I had a great experience and found MY DRESS!  It was a new release that had only been on the floor for a few days.  I planned on spending up to 3,000 and was shocked to find my dream dress for 599.00!  I have been married before and got my last dress at Azteca and had a okay experence their.  One posititve for Azteca they have A TON of dresses.  Way more than what David's Bridal had. Good luck in your search!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
    DH 45 ME 44

TTC #3 since 7/11 using OPK's and trying to figure out Fertility Friend! LOL
    DS #1 born on 7/20/87 DS#2 born on 1/19/96
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal at Arrowhead SUCKS. I'm trying to get my BM dresses there and they are so UNHELPFUL and act like they don't care I'm there, little lone care about my BM.  Would not suggest them.  Went to almond tree though and they are amazing!!!  Love them!
    ?My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, For both are infinite.?
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another rave for Suzanne's Bridal--not sure where you saw "mixed reviews"   - all the reviews I have read have been awesome and Suzanne is probably one one of the best seamstresses in the Valley.  Had a great experience there and they have a ton of dresses under $1000.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/2008/12/20/20081220bride1220.html

Oh, and I liked Uptown Bridal in Chandler.  Small shop but wonderful customer service. All of their dresses start at around $900. 
  • edited December 2011
    Got a sample coutour gown for $650 at Lillian Lottie in Old Town Scottsdale. My wedding is in 2 months, but got my dress in the spring....and the gown was from last fall's collection (but really, who's going to know that)
  • edited December 2011
    Just a warning, I have heard nothing but HORRIBLE things from friends and girls on here about I Do I Do bridal.  I did not dress shop in AZ, so I do not have personal experience with them, but I have just never heard good things about them and want to save people the problems a lot of my friends have gone through.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_bridal-shop-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:fef98c37-ba45-4492-9eb4-cd56693d046bPost:99bf4aaf-0ea0-432a-92c7-3ff96f94b7c9">Re: Bridal Shop Recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another rave for Suzanne's Bridal--not sure where you saw "mixed reviews"   - all the reviews I have read have been awesome and Suzanne is probably one one of the best seamstresses in the Valley.  Had a great experience there and they have a ton of dresses under $1000. <a href="http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/2008/12/20/20081220bride1220.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/2008/12/20/20081220bride1220.html</a> Oh, and I liked Uptown Bridal in Chandler.  Small shop but wonderful customer service. All of their dresses start at around $900. 
    Posted by belgirl[/QUOTE]

I had a horrible experience at Suzanne's...  I was not comfortable at all with my appointment there.  They overwhelmed me with dresses of all different kinds, that were nothing what I asked for or wanted to look at, the lady that I had didn't help me get out of some of the dresses at all, I had to do it myself.  Between a few things like that, and a comment about my chest size that she made to my mother (seriously?!) that I happened to overhear....  there was no way a sale was happening there for me.

I went to David's Bridal on Ray Rd., loved my consultant there, and ended up with TWO dresses that I loved, so I bought them both...   I am doing outside alterations, but the shopping experience itself was much better there. 

The whole thing was exactly the opposite of what I was expecting when I started shopping.  
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_bridal-shop-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:fef98c37-ba45-4492-9eb4-cd56693d046bPost:850e6c81-40b6-4273-b5a7-d280dc0e6a44">Re: Bridal Shop Recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]alschmid, can you tell me more about the Brides Against Cancer benefit? I'm poking around on their website, but having trouble getting any useful information about the dress sales events (as opposed to the organization itself). Having family members who have dealt with breast cancer, it is something I would be very interested in supporting.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

There's some info <a href="http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/clo/1930020041.html">here</a>... not sure what's on their site or if this is more or less info, but hope it helps! 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• JMejia1972JMejia1972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up getting my dress @ Azteca. Although there service isn't great in any way, it's not bad either. Good prices and a HUGE selection. They have many of the most popular designers. For excellent service and some lovely gowns, Uptown Bridal. I didn't buy there but was very impressed.
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_bridal-shop-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:fef98c37-ba45-4492-9eb4-cd56693d046bPost:bf36a89a-ce95-4791-8dc9-b60de7f2dede">Re: Bridal Shop Recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Shop Recs? : I had a horrible experience at Suzanne's...  I was not comfortable at all with my appointment there.  They overwhelmed me with dresses of all different kinds, that were nothing what I asked for or wanted to look at, the lady that I had didn't help me get out of some of the dresses at all, I had to do it myself.  Between a few things like that, and a comment about my chest size that she made to my mother (seriously?!) that I happened to overhear....  there was no way a sale was happening there for me. I went to David's Bridal on Ray Rd., loved my consultant there, and ended up with TWO dresses that I loved, so I bought them both...   I am doing outside alterations, but the shopping experience itself was much better there.  The whole thing was exactly the opposite of what I was expecting when I started shopping.  
    Posted by Syndelin[/QUOTE]

LOL...interesting...got my bridesmaids dresses at David's Bridal, but hated the whole experience there...thought the girls were unknowledgeable and the wedding dresses weren't as great of quality as that of Suzanne's Bridal or Uptown.  But I know alot of budget brides use Davids and have had success.
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Do I Do was the WORST experience I have ever had.  They are just rude and snobs there.  Not enjoyable at all.

I bought my gown from Once In A Life Tyme Bridal.  I loved them, they helped picked out dresses in my budget and what looked awesome on me.  Not only is the customer service amazing, but the prices are better than anyone elses.  They price them lower than everyone and they have sales on top of it.  I bought a maggie dress for half the price of retail.  I have never felt so beautiful and like a bride.  Ask for Rebecca, although they are all sweet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards