Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

photography on a budget

Hi there,

We just got engaged in October and are SO excited about getting married!! We booked the place-check, colors/theme-check, cake- check, still working on the to do list, though. who knew planning a wedding was a full time job, and we're having a small affair.

Here's my dilemma, we have selected an old estate to get married at, and have a budget (low ) to keep considering. I am looking for a Philly photographer that is really artistic and fits our low budget. I am a designer, love the art of photography and candid shots, and I'm looking for an awesome photographer that is under $2000. Yikes, any advice fellow brides?

Congrats to all!
Jenny

Re: photography on a budget

• edited December 2011
    Try posting this on your local board. You may get more help that way.
  • edited December 2011
    Try looking online places such as craigslist.org - a lot of photogs use free ad sites to promote their companies. You can also check into local bridal expos - they are helpful to gather lots of local wedding information at one time.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    You just have to give Julie Jenkins a chance.  She did our daughter's wedding in August.  We were on a very, very tight budget.  The photography she did was simply amazing.  You just won't believe the shots she takes.  There is very complete coverage of EVERY detail.  The price will blow you away.  I just wish I coulld share our photographs with everyone.  They are BEAUTIFUL!  Please give her a try.  You will not be sorry.  She actually works at Centric Lab and is the one who processes the photos for the local photographers!  She can do so much for you.  Her number is 520-861-2825.
  • shwethasrinshwethasrin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try Zinc Photography. He did our engagement pictures in Philly and they were awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards