May 2011 Weddings

Overdue Intro

Hello Ladies!

I've been lurking for months and have enjoyed listening to your wisdom.  I have (hopefully) finished applying for law schools which means I can finally come out to play! 

A little about our wedding.  FI and I will be getting married in Richmond, VA on May 14th.  Our engagement was the "Hey!  Let's get married.  How does May 2011 sound?" variety.  We were introduced through a friend and she will be officiating the wedding. 

Happy planning everyone!

Re: Overdue Intro

• Hi and glad you decided to come out from hiding :) We are date twins!
  • edited December 2010

I hate to say it out loud but I'm applying to whatever schools I can get into.  So a move is possible.  FI has been great through this process and took over wedding planning for a bit so I could concentrateon LSATs and applications.  He joked that he wanted a "sugar-mama."

The ceremony and reception will be along the river.  FI and I LOVE going to concerts so there will be a musical influence.  We are ditching traditional ceremony music for a string duo who cover the Beetles, Coldplay, etc.  Tables will be named after bands we have seen together.  FI is in a band and we hope to incorporate one of his songs in the reception (probably the cake cutting).  Oh, and we are having no bridal party. 

Thanks ladies!  And good luck to you!

• Welcome!
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for coming out of hiding! FI's family lives in Richmond. He grew up there too. Look forward to planning with you!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • We have the same date! How unheard of around here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image my read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Short and sweet and to the point - cute!!  I'm Beth, FI is Clint and we're getting married on May 1st - not that I expect you to remember all that!!  Just remember my picture and that I'm B2B or Bride To Be lol.  Welcome to the best board ever!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Welcome! Look forward to the next 4 and a bit months of planning with you
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi! Welcome to the board! :o) Look forward to planning!

planning bio
  • Congrats and welcome! I'm glad you decided to come out of hiding! The ladies on this board are super nice and helpful! Looking forward to planning with you!

Miss | Mrs | Blog
  • In Response to Re: Overdue Intro:
    We have the same date! How unheard of around here!
    Posted by crose29
    I'm may 14th too, how bizarre!  Wink
  • Well I'm not a May 14th bride but .... Congrats and Happy Planning! My MOH is in law school and will be graduating a week before our ceremony! GL
    In Response to Re: Overdue Intro : I'm may 14th too, how bizarre! 
    Posted by kelleyku05
    Me too! Welcome to the board and  happy planning! What do you have left to do? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the love!

We've got the big stuff down-- venue, flowers, cake, dress, DJ, etc.  Next up is getting invitations in order and writing the ceremony.  Oh!  And did I mention maintaining my sanity?

What about everyone else?
    I love the music influence! We're big Beatles fans (which is why I'm 8daysaweek) so our table names will be Beatles songs!
    Posted by 8daysaweek
    If you didn't already know, Target has Beatles glasses.  I think I found them in the barware section.  They had made a brief appearance on our registry until FI got them for Xmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards