African American Weddings

Heartbroken

Yall..I am having such mixed emotions.  On the one hand, I'm marrying the love of my life in SIX days. I'm here in Cali with my fam and friends I haven't seen in forever. I don't know if you all read the post I posted about a week ago but I had a friend that was in the ICU. I found out today that he passed away and I am sooooo heartbroken. I know that God is in control of EVERYTHING and if it was His will to call him home then I cannot question it but I'm just soooo heartbroken. I spend one minute smiling about the wedding and the next minute I'm bawling. I feel like someone who is BIPOLAR.  FI is so concerned about me and i'm trying to assure him that I'm going to be okay.  This is crazy.
He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket

Re: Heartbroken

• edited December 2011

Awwww Necole....I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend.  I pray God will give you the strength and comfort to deal with the loss all while you're about to marry the love of your life.  I'm praying for you and you're almost there.  I hope you get some much need rest before your big day!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Necole, I'm very sorry for your loss and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• edited December 2011
    Sorry for your loss. Hope everything gets better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MmeSterlingMmeSterling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am truly sorry about your loss. I don't think you are being bipolar, just mourning the loss of a loved one. You might need a couple of days away from everything to recompose yourself and think of how happy your friend must be watching over you on your special day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just have confidence in HIM that your friend isnt dead... he is present with Jesus. You friend is concious and fully aware of everything that is going on. Dont be sad, he is better off than us right now! Things will heal over time.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss...

I will keep you and your family as well as your friends in my prayers...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011

I am so sorry for you loss. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend, especially so close to your wedding. As you know I lost my grandma 2 months before my wedding and it was still bittersweet, and I couldn't imagine losing a close friend within days of getting married. I pray for your strength and comfort during this difficult time. May God bless you and your friend's family.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I pray that the Lord grants you strength through this time. Your wedding will be beautiful and your friend will smile for you on that day!
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Necole, I am  so sorry about your friend.  He is in a better place and he would definitely want you to fully enjoy your wedding day.   You know this was God's plan so you can thank Him for the time you had with your friend and trust that this (and everything else) will work together for your good! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry about your loss. Know that your friend is resting in the Lord's bosom and no longer has the pain and stress of ICU. Be beautiful and happy for him. I am sure that wil help him rest in peace.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss. Sending positive knottie vibes your way hoping things get better for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss.  Just know that your friend is in a better place now.  Sending knottie vibes and prayers your way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Necole, I was really hoping that it would turn our differently. I will keep you in my prayers and well as your friend's wife and children.
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you strong!  Have you thought of carrying a momento of his with your bouquet or making mention of him in your ceremony?  I am really sorry you are going through this right at this moment.
    80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    Im sorry for your lost and am praying for your strength. Theres no need for your fi to be concerned. Those emotions are natural. As this was already an emotional time because of the wedding. You will be ok. Even though we know that these things are in Gods hands. Its still hard to lose a loved one.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    honey I am so sorry about this.  There is nothing you can do but lean on your family and friends and look to God.  He heals all wounds in time.  It is easy to say enjoy your week have fun blah blah, but I know your heart is with your friend who passed.  Your wedding day will come, and I have faith that you will enjoy your day, but I also know that you may have moments when you think of him, and thats okay too.  Let yourself grieve, that is the only remedy.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family.  You are not bipolar, but a woman grieving.  You have the right to grieve the loss of your friend and you have the right to enjoy your wedding day.  May knowing your friend is no longer in pain and is celebrating your marriage in glory be a comfort to you.  Take some time out and celebrate your friend's life as you regain your strength in the Lord.

Peace and blessings.

• She She 10She She 10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be encouraged.... I'm very sorry for your loss and your heavy heart... But just thinking of your big day... I hope lightens your load.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards