Flowers

Suggestions for white only flowers?

Any ideas or suggestions with some flowers that will compliment calla lilies? We're trying to keep all the flowers white without any roses. I don't know anything about flowers so this has been very challenging. Any input would be appreciated :) Oh, the wedding colors are black, silver and white. 

Re: Suggestions for white only flowers?

• edited December 2011
    LOTS!  Gardenas, Hydrangeas, Stephanotos (sp), spider mums, peonies just to name a few.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m having the same color scheme as you!!!

You don't say if you are doing your flowers yourself, using a florist, or getting them online. This would affect your price.

If you go to the following link, it is a website that shows you all the flowers they have in white.

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/flowers/WeddingFlowersPureWhiteFlowers_8.htm

Peruse it for ideas. If you are using a florist, they are getting their flowers from similar bulk flower sites, and will increase the cost by 50% or more.

I have a while until my wedding (August 2011), so I'm not really finalizing anything yet. However, I'm leaning toward white calla lillies, oriental white lillies (because I love the smell, and there are usually 3-5 blooms per stem), white roses, and baby's breath.

I see from your bio that you are getting married in the summer. Many of the flowers on that website are available then, and the costs might be cheaper. Also, ask around your family & friends. They may have gardens, or know someone who does, that will have flowers available to help keep the cost down.

Good luck.
  • splint00splint00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! We're using a florist and really hope to keep the cost below $1500, it seems like so much money so anything below that would be wonderful. And that website sounds great, I'll definitely be checking that out, oriental white lilies - have to take a look at those :)
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used roses, hydrangea and lillies.  I considered tulips also, but for a fall wedding, they didn't look so hot.  They would probably be nice for summer though.
  • Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about tulips?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards