Military Brides

Any other grooms changing after the ceremony?

Boy insists he wants to change out of his blues-- I really don't care either way. I just think an appropriate time to do so is during cocktail hour (which in our case is an hour and a half) since we're doing pictures before, and it's a normal time for brides and grooms to "disappear" and take photos. HE thinks it's more appropriate to attend cocktail hour and change into his tux at a later time in the reception. I'm just sort of wondering when.

Anyone else have this plan, and if so, what are you doing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any other grooms changing after the ceremony?

• edited December 2011
    Were doing something similar,but in the opposite order. He's wearing his tux in the ceremony and the first half of pictures (this was his plan btw lol) and then changing half way through.  If i were you i would change right after the pictures, everyone will have already seen him in his blues for the ceremony, so it shouldn't be a huge deal for him to change, brides do it all the time! Hope this helps, good luck!
  • DanBry12DanBry12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is wearing his blues through the cake cutting then changing when the open dancing starts. That way he has one look for all of the "formal" wedding stuff. Our reception is in the ballroom of the hotel we are staing at so its a quick run upstairs which makes it a little easier. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    mine is going to be changing after our first dance... which is right after we enter the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~loving my citizen soldier~ Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011

i havent even thought about this. i just assumed he was going to be wearing his A's the whole time :-/ is that wrong? or still acceptable? help..?

• LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

Ray-- tha'ts exactly what I want him to do, but he wants to wear his uniform for all the formal stuff and then change. I just think that's going to be weird, even though it's a short trip upstairs to change. I don't want him to miss out on our reception to freaking change!

And sj-- it's not wrong to not change. He just wants to, in order to be more comfortable for teh party part of the night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I asked mine what he wants to wear for the ceremony and reception.  I said I don't care.  And he said it's up to me and he doesn't care.  He is in the Coast Guard.  What is the appropriate thing to do? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards