Military Brides

Who's Going?!

SO....who's going to Hunger Games tonight?!?!!

My FI and I ate up the books and were so looking forward to watching the movie on opening night! Unfortunately, the Navy had other plans and he is on a ship. I promised him I would wait for him to get back. Now I'm regretting that!

Whoever is going tonight, have fun! And when it comes to finding a good seat, may the odds be ever in your favor!

Re: Who's Going?!

• I'm waiting until the crowds go down. I liked the book but I don't normally become fanatic about things like this. The movie will still be out next week wo I'll go then. I think H has off next Thursday and Friday because the boat will be back soon so they are giving them time off before they'll never be around. Maybe we will go to a morning show when all the kids are in school. However, this town is weird. I see kids out all the time, at the stores, roller blading, out to lunch etc. when school is in session. It's weird.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I might go to like a Monday matinee to see it once the crowds die down.  Kara also told her H she would wait for him, but I'm trying to convince her to go anyways.  If not, I'll just go by myself.  I've never gone to a movie myself but I figure hardly anyone at all knows me here, and I'm willing to do it for HG.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Beach I actually love going to movies by myself, during the day of course. Friday night I'd feel creepy but if the theater's less crowded on like a Sunday morning, its so peaceful! And no one talks to you!
  • Beach, if I hadn't promised FI, I would go with you!!
  • Beach- going to the movies by myself is the shiit. I love it. It's so relaxing.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Beach: I emailed H and told him I might go with you! Since moving here, I have been going to movies alone, like when H has duty. It's not that bad! ;
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:48590059-7022-4fd0-bc70-b9691a7233b5Post:4fd135d0-0c07-43d4-a67a-ea6301d97d78">Re:Who's Going?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beach: I emailed H and told him I might go with you! Since moving here, I have been going to movies alone, like when H has duty. It's not that bad! ;
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay!  If not don't worry about it.  I can just suck it up and go by myself.  I thought about waiting for when my aunt comes to visit in a few weeks but then realized we have nobody to watch her kids so that wouldn't work anyways.  </div><div>
    And thanks ladies.  Lots of people tell me they go by themselves and love it.  This is going to be a big milestone for me if I do it haha.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I love going to the movies by myself as well.  I also like going to dinner along sometimes.  I get a bottle of wine and bring a book and have a good dinner out.  I had to do that a lot in my admissions life and it was like my little escape. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:48590059-7022-4fd0-bc70-b9691a7233b5Post:93c42006-1674-4d40-aa23-4e05fb98c66f">Re: Who's Going?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beach- going to the movies by myself is the shiit. I love it. <strong>It's so relaxing.
    </strong>Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

It is!  I love it!  I used to be one of those people who didn't like going places by myslef (always thought people were staring at me).  But I started going about 10 years ago and I love it!  Only on Sat or Sun afternoons though.  Not on "date nights" because like Irish said- then it just looks creepy. LOL
  • I really want to go but I promised FI I would go with him.... I'm surprised by how many guys actually want to go see it. But you know, what guy doesn't want to see a fight to the death?

I mean... yea.

Photobucket
  • I'm a creeper because I've gone on Friday and Saturday nights. Haha
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I probably won't see it at all (don't lynch me) but I LOVE going to movies by myself!

I was out in LA visiting a friend last summer, and she was working during the day so I borrowed her car and drove 2.5 hours to meet a friend who lived in a suburb for lunch, and then came back, but I still had about 3 hours until she was done with work, so I went to the movies and saw Pirates of the Caribbean (whichever one was out last summer) and Hangover 2.  Awesome!

Anniversary

• I haven't seen any previews for it and didn't read the books so I probably won't go. I haven't been to the movies alone yet either, but we're not big movie go-ers. I normally wait until its out on DVD and watch it at home, I just don't like spending $10-$20 on tickets for us to go to a movie theater to watch a movie.. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather wait for them to be on DVD.

Have fun going though ladies! I hope it's a good movie!! :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I was shocked last night when my H said "I really want to see that movie!" SHOCKED. So, yes, we will be going. Probably Sunday. Which means I need to get a hold of the book tonight. I was holding out for my co worker to finish her copy, but she hasn't and I feel like if I don't read it, I am a poser. Ha ha! Besides, I love know what will happen before it happens!
  • CAB, MH wanted to see it as soon as he saw the preview when I forced him to go see Breaking Dawn.  In all honesty I wasn't impressed with Breaking Dawn and the HG preview was the highlight of the whole movie for me lol. 

Anywho, I won't be going until Monday.  I'm hoping if I go at noon there won't be a ton of people.  In addition I'm sure there won't be the gaggle of teens that will be there this weekend.  Last time I saw a movie in a full theatre with annoying teenagers behind me I couldn't even enjoy it.  I watched the movie later when it came out and it was freaking hilarious.  I will never again see a movie in a packed theatre, especially when it's primarily targeted for a teen audience.  Thanks for listening to me whine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, even with how big the the books were, I had no idea that the Hunger Games was a book when I saw the preview.  I also didn't remember the name of the movie when we left the theatre.  A month later one of the MN's suggested I read the Hunger Games.  I picked up the book at Wally World since our town doesn't have a legit bookstore and when I started reading it I was like, "Holy sh!t this is the book that goes with that freaking movie!"  It took me 4 days to read all 3 books after I realized that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sammy - Breaking dawn was awful (sorry if anyone liked it)... It was just so awkward... why was the first half of the movie all about them doing it... or not doing it. Which was beyond uncomfortable to watch...
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:48590059-7022-4fd0-bc70-b9691a7233b5Post:fdd7bc02-a2ca-484d-abb0-21cb94024a2e">Re: Who's Going?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen any previews for it and didn't read the books so I probably won't go. I haven't been to the movies alone yet either, but we're not big movie go-ers. I normally wait until its out on DVD and watch it at home, <strong>I just don't like spending $10-$20 on tickets for us to go to a movie theater to watch a movie</strong>.. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather wait for them to be on DVD. Have fun going though ladies! I hope it's a good movie!! :)
    Posted by amh04[/QUOTE]
    Haha for this very reason, my H and I have been to the movies twice together in the entirety of our relationship. And why I have no problem going alone :) His annoyance is legit though, because after you shell out all that money, people are STILL texting and talking and kicking your seat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:48590059-7022-4fd0-bc70-b9691a7233b5Post:52a54a8b-55ea-427f-b857-97b7d37cb09b">Re: Who's Going?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Going?! : Haha for this very reason, my H and I have been to the movies twice together in the entirety of our relationship. And why I have no problem going alone :) His annoyance is legit though, because after you shell out all that money, people are STILL texting and talking and kicking your seat.
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling and totally agree.  H and I have only been to 1 movie together.  That was Hangover 2 and we were both annoyed by all of the teenie-boppers.  After the movie was over we went for much needed cocktails!
  • There is this awesome theater in a nearby town (Warren Theaters.. it is a chain) and they have a balcony in the big theaters that is adults only... they serve dinner, drinks and stuff all through the movie.... and the chairs are more like  sofas... It is the only way to see a movie in the theater...
    Photobucket
  • I will be going next Saturday 31st with a friend and some of her coworkers. I am kind of worried I won't like it but I hope I am proven wrong! The book was so descriptive that I worry if the movie doesn't play out the way my mind read the book...if that makes sense?!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:48590059-7022-4fd0-bc70-b9691a7233b5Post:52a54a8b-55ea-427f-b857-97b7d37cb09b">Re: Who's Going?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Going?! : Haha for this very reason, my H and I have been to the movies twice together in the entirety of our relationship. And why I have no problem going alone :) His annoyance is legit though, <strong>because after you shell out all that money, people are STILL texting and talking and kicking your seat.
    </strong>Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not to mention the movie theater closest to us is an AMC so they generally charge more and it isn't in a great part of town so we just avoid going. It never fails that there are at least a handful of inconsiderate people.
    We used to go quite often, to mid morning movies and such, but any other time it's just too pricey for what you get - and if you wait 6 weeks you can just watch it at home for a few bucks.

Amanda - We had a place similar to that in VB, its called Cinema Cafe and they serve dinner and drinks and such. The seating is a lot more comfortable (no sofa's) and they're ticket prices are (or were) super cheap too. It was nice to go and have a change of pace while watching a movie.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:48590059-7022-4fd0-bc70-b9691a7233b5Post:69c3a06f-0a75-4eea-8d3b-c87bd3da3db5">Re: Who's Going?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is this awesome theater in a nearby town (Warren Theaters.. it is a chain) and they have a balcony in the big theaters that is adults only... they serve dinner, drinks and stuff all through the movie.... and the chairs are more like  sofas... It is the only way to see a movie in the theater...
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Alamo Drafthouse. It's the very very best.  They also do theme dinner nights for premiers or holidays. I was so upset that FI missed Valentines because they did this really kick-ass Princess Bride themed dinner. It's not adults only all the time, but some of them are no kids under 16 without an adult and they do really cute Mommy and Me style showings in the mornings. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, they are really strict about talking or texting during a movie, they always show a little warning beforehand. One used to be Dawn of the Dead themed and said something like, "Don't talk or text. Or George Romero will sic his zombies on your ass." The best one ever though:</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs</a></div><div>
    </div><div>It's so awesome. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It does contain profanity, but you can read it on the screen without listening to it. </div>
  • Beach: I am totally down for Monday!!!! H said he doesn't mind! Wink
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    There's a thearte here that only charges $4 per ticket, even nights. It's awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards