Getting in Shape

Best ways to lose weight????

What has helped you lose weight? (other then the obvious-working out) I mean special diets......

Re: Best ways to lose weight????

• Sorry I have to say working out mixed in with eating healthy.  I substitute a lot of "bad" snacks for fruits and veggies or veggie chips (when I want that crunch).  The things I just mentioned have helped me to consistently feel and look healthy.  No fad diet, etc will give you the long term results that a healthy diet and exercise will.
  • I don't know what you mean by special diets?

Also, working out isn't the most important factor in losing weight at all.  What you eat is.

What most of the ladies on here will tell you works is to eat less calories than you burn a day (but only slightly.  no starvation!), drink lots of water with your healthy food, and work out once in a while.

You need to first calculate your bmr - the amount of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day and didn't move.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

With that number, you use the harris benedict equation to determine how many calories you need to eat to maintain your current weight.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

• I REFUSE to "diet." I cannot do "no carbs" and that kind of nonsense. I won't stick to it because I will be miserable. There is no diet that will do what healthy eating does. Try something like my fitness pal or spark people to help you track what you are eating and the amount you are eating. Both of those will also give you goals to stay within like amount of calories, amount of protein, etc, etc. Exercise too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I completely agree with PP. I can simply not do the no carb thing, I would be miserable. I have been working out 5 days a week and watching what I eat, but not depriving myself either. I had a goal to lose 5 pounds the first month, and I just met that goal today. I think one of the most important things is to set a realistic goal. If you are losing weight the healthy way, you will probably lose about 1-2 pounds a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cupcakeambercupcakeamber member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I've been vegan for 27 days, haven't even exercised yet, and I've lost 17.2lbs already :). I also stopped drinking soda and eating junk food.
    pregnancy calendar
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards