• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Thanksgiving - Recaps and Leftovers

Hey Ladies!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. What did people do? I went to visit my mom in Maryland, without FI :-( However, that part was mostly so we could go visit Maryland for Christmas together. It was an odd Thanksgiving....I didn't even have turkey!!!! I spent a lot of the day going through old photos, taking pics of them, and posting them on facebook! It was pretty cool (I totally suggest others do this!!). What did everyone else do?

FI and his family did have turkey. So, I've had some leftovers since coming home. And...I made the Turkey Soup recipe that someone posted in like September. I cannot give props to the person that posted it, but it came out delish! Anyone have any good leftover turkey recipes?

Re: Thanksgiving - Recaps and Leftovers

• It stinks you couldn't spend your Thanksgiving with FI but at least you had some good time with your mom. We went to FI's brothers house for Thanksgiving. We then got up at 2:30 Friday morning to go shopping, a little crazy but hey are Christmas shopping is 95% done.
    My Bio
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • edited November 2010
    I went to FI's brother's house in Norfolk, VA.

We all watched Kung Fu Panda with the little kids and then Punkin Chunkin'!  Hooray for hurtling squash with simple machines! So glad they weren't watching football - I fit in.

FI's chocolate caramel pecan cheesecake really outshined my apple pie.  Oh well. :)  The cheesecake was worth it.

And FBIL is really neat and FI FINALLY asked him to be his best man!  He's a navy chief.  I told him I heard he owned a lot of guns and asked what he had.  He replied "Well, what do you need?"  Oh dear!

FSIL and I talked wedding stuff with FMIL.  But my mom missed me in Colorado - wah!
    Photobucket
  • I visited my family in my hometown (and the city we're marrying in), so in addition to spending QT with my family, I got lots of weddding stuff done, including ordering my dress! It was a productive but fun weekend. Sad it's over :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We went to my parent' s house for the big family party and my FMIL came up and spent the weekend with us because FI's daughter is in town. Thanksgiving was wonderful, but let me just say the rest of the weekend was trying. FI had to work all day fri and sat so it was just FMIL, his daughter and I. She(FMIL) is a piece of work. She acted like a child when we told her that we were going to give her our room and we would sleep in the living room, because we didnt want her to sleep in his daughter's room (she's 3). She completely ignored almost every rule we have for his daughter. She informed me that disney channel shows give her 14 yr old stepdaughter attitude and that FI's daughter shouldnt watch it, and then turns CRIMINAL MINDS on an hour later. I'm sure watching that man get shot in the head and bleeding on the floor before I shut it off was better for her than the attitude she might get from The Suite Life on Deck. She also expected to stay in our apartment while we drove to see FI's dad on Sunday (2 1/2 hours away and also where shes from, and we were going for the day). FI had to spell it out for her that we wanted her to leave on Sunday. Needless to say, I got absolutely nothing done this weekend, and I had a lot to do, my 5 day weekend totally wasted, and I'm exhausted because the air mattress is nothing like our bed.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards