Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

More than one catering tasting

My is July 9th 2011.
About a month ago, we started shopping for caterers (for dinner reception) by going to a tasting.
We liked this one place, enjoyed their food, and decided to go with it.
Fastforward to today. I asked for a copy of their menu, and it's changed. The 2011 menu is different from the 2010 tasting we did a few weeks ago.
So.... is it normal to go to more than one tasting? I still want to go with this caterer for sure, but in order to decide between the new items they have on the menu, I feel like I should taste them?
Just want to make sure it's not rude to go to a tasting, again. (Tasting is free, BTW)

Re: More than one catering tasting

• edited December 2011
    If it's free, then I would totally do it.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Go for it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think if it's going to be different food entirely, you should go for another tasting.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just my experience with caterers so far: They will make whatever you want regardless of what "year" they have on their menus. If you liked what you had before so much that you don't want to change it, just ask them what they would price it for in 2011. We just auditioned 4 caterers and I told them what we wanted, they are pricing it for us. We did not choose from a "cookie cutter" menu.

Good luck.
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_one-catering-tasting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:023f5dc3-f74c-4ec9-8135-f0abab7d8888Post:b6a6a1ce-0fe0-455e-9362-b46647266b6c">Re: More than one catering tasting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just my experience with caterers so far: They will make whatever you want regardless of what "year" they have on their menus. If you liked what you had before so much that you don't want to change it, just ask them what they would price it for in 2011. We just auditioned 4 caterers and I told them what we wanted, they are pricing it for us. We did not choose from a "cookie cutter" menu. Good luck.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

We also told our caterer what we wanted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards