Virginia

Save the Date - Picture Ideas?

I am getting ready to make "Save the Dates" and wanted to hear about your picture ideas?  Did you do a picture?  What are some good spots in the Hampton Roads area?  Or do you have a sweet or catchy idea/pose?

Re: Save the Date - Picture Ideas?

• swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My pictures were taken in L.A. so I can't really tell you a good place to do it in H.R., but I think the general idea would work for any place. Our photog had us holding a big bunch of white balloons by the canals in Venice Beach and at the Santa Monica Pier. I was a bit skeptical at first but I thought the pics turned out to be really cute and festive. I attached a few below. The first one is the one we ended up using for our save the date postcards.

image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't done e-pics yet but will either do the botanical gardens in Norfolk or the beach (I know, typical).  We both love the beach and want pics done there, so if we end up having our ceremony at the botanical gardens we're going to do e pics on the beach. 

swjb~ LOVE the balloon pics!!  So cute!
  • edited December 2011
    If you want something beachy, I would aim for Sandbridge or the North End/Ocean View area.  You won't have as many tourists to deal with!  You could also check out First Landing Park at the north end of the oceanfront for some great scenery.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the Pagoda in Norfolk. They have a nice little garden there and they are right by the water, so we got pictures out on the pier. We also took a few at Nauticus. It was a nice blend of different backgrounds all in one little location.
  • rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographers gave us a suggestion for thank you cards... they suggested we make a sign that we hold (like an old big picture frame).  We were planning to do this and have a picture taken on our wedding day with us holding it, but we ran out of time and never ended up making it.  But that could be a great idea for save the date cards too (or magnets or just a postcard image)! 

You could have 'save the date' written at the top with you two holding a sign/frame with your wedding date on it.  Just an idea!
  • edited December 2011
    I did a shoot w/ clients on the Elizabeth River Ferry. We started at Waterside (outside on the docks), got on the ferry, then got some time in shooting on the Portsmouth waterfront. The couple brought with them props that "defined" them....baseball jerseys of their fav teams, change of clothes ...dressy/casual). We probably shot for 2hrs at sunset. They also had made a sign that said "save the date" w/the date. Used this in several of the shots.I love that area for variety.
    G'luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    We just used a picture taken by a friend on New Years Eve of us kissing when the ball dropped. It's crooked and there are people in the background.

It's perfect for us.

Use whatever suits you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards