Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

current song to waltz too?

We are taking classes and want to do the waltz for our first dance. We are trying to find something a little different, rock n roll or something... any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: current song to waltz too?

• edited December 2011
    Me and FI are going to learn to dance to Bruce Springsteen If I shall fall behind. Its a beautiful song with a great meaning to it:) Here a like to the live version.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OCnm6cdZvQErin
  • edited December 2011
    *Link* not like:)
  • edited December 2011
    not many contemporary songs are in 3/4 time, so that's going to be a bit tricky.  maybe try googling/you tubing So You Think You Can Dance waltz numbers?  i think there are some modern songs that waltzes are set to in there
    Holiday Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that "Hitched!" by Maria Taylor would be easy to adapt a waltz to. There are a couple parts of the song where you'd need to fudge the details, because I think the time signature changes... but it would be easy to make up as you go along and still look kind of choreographed.

Also, the lyrics are very fitting for a first dance and Maria Taylor has a gorgeous voice. And, I can gaurantee most of your guests will never have heard it before, which is nice if you're aiming for unique :-)
  • starbaby4000starbaby4000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if you already figured it out, but we are doing a V Waltz to "I'll be" by Edwin McCain
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards