Nevada-Las Vegas

Venue ideas for an "elopement"???

Hey guys,

I'm sort of grasping at straws here, I've been planning our "Big Fat Irish Wedding" in Las Vegas now for about 10 months, however unpreventable circumstances are forcing us to revamp our plans.  We were planning a destination wedding and inviting all of our close friends and family (we expected about 60 people).  Now, however we are going to have to scale back considerably.  Now we are thinking maybe we will just "elope" - - just the two of us.  That will save with rehersal dinner and reception costs as well as the things we had planned (like the Double Decker bus & our guests rooms)

What I need from you guys is a suggestion of a nice venue that would be good for just the two of us.  We would really like to still get married outside at sunset but if we can't manage that then we just can't.  Neither of us are interested in any typical "Vegas" venues however.  (like the deck of the USS Enterprise ha!)

Any and all suggestions would be welcome.  I'm pretty much at a loss.  While not starting from scratch this does change quite a few things. 

Thanks in advance
Brooke
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue ideas for an "elopement"???

• we are getting married at 702 wedding (vegas wedding) on the terrace. just the 2 of us. I really like the look of it and it is outside
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Venue ideas for an :[QUOTE]we are getting married at 702 wedding vegas wedding on the terrace. just the 2 of us. I really like the look of it and it is outside Posted by PaulandBrandy[/QUOTE]

I'm getting married there in 2 weeks! I was going to suggest that as well. The pictures as sunset look really pretty.
  • If FI and I were eloping just the two of us, I'd go out to the Valley of Fire for a sunset ceremony.  I know there are a few vendors who do weddings out there, but you could always just get your own officiant and contact the park for the permit yourselves.  
  • I have no ideas, but that sounds just delightful.  Being in the midst of planning I really wish my Big Fat Italian Wedding in Vegas was an elopement :) How romantic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_venue-ideas-for-an-elopement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a868fb50-12e2-442e-8b7b-6f96fb490de8Post:222fe666-71ee-436b-9e01-b3211e8eb555">Re: Venue ideas for an "elopement"???</a>:
    [QUOTE]If FI and I were eloping just the two of us, I'd go out to the Valley of Fire for a sunset ceremony.  I know there are a few vendors who do weddings out there, but you could always just get your own officiant and contact the park for the permit yourselves.  
    Posted by Vireyda[/QUOTE]

<div>I second this! I wanted to elope SO badly and do this, but my fiance and his family insisted on a Big Fat Mexican Wedding of 80 people! Lol I guess we are in opposite boats!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_venue-ideas-for-an-elopement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:a868fb50-12e2-442e-8b7b-6f96fb490de8Post:de41a557-0d7a-4b83-a492-5dbfcba7bce1">Venue ideas for an "elopement"???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, I'm sort of grasping at straws here, I've been planning our "Big Fat Irish Wedding" in Las Vegas now for about 10 months, however unpreventable circumstances are forcing us to revamp our plans.  We were planning a destination wedding and inviting all of our close friends and family (we expected about 60 people).  Now, however we are going to have to scale back considerably.  Now we are thinking maybe we will just "elope" - - just the two of us.  That will save with rehersal dinner and reception costs as well as the things we had planned (like the Double Decker bus & our guests rooms) What I need from you guys is a suggestion of a nice venue that would be good for just the two of us.  We would really like to still get married outside at sunset but if we can't manage that then we just can't.  Neither of us are interested in any typical "Vegas" venues however.  (like the deck of the USS Enterprise ha!) Any and all suggestions would be welcome.  I'm pretty much at a loss.  While not starting from scratch this does change quite a few things.  Thanks in advance Brooke
    Posted by brookerich[/QUOTE]

Also, is that your ring in your avatar!? Stunning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_venue-ideas-for-an-elopement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a868fb50-12e2-442e-8b7b-6f96fb490de8Post:222fe666-71ee-436b-9e01-b3211e8eb555">Re: Venue ideas for an "elopement"???</a>:
    [QUOTE]If FI and I were eloping just the two of us, I'd go out to the Valley of Fire for a sunset ceremony.  I know there are a few vendors who do weddings out there, but you could always just get your own officiant and contact the park for the permit yourselves.  
    Posted by Vireyda[/QUOTE]
    This is what I was thinking too.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Oh, I thought of another one!  The Grand Canyon - splurge out on a helicopter flight that takes you down into the cayon and just take your officiant and photographer with you for a sunset ceremony. :)
  • oh my girls, what wonderful suggestions.  I think either the Valley of Fire or the Grand Canyon would be wonderful actually! 

And yes Platinum that is me engagment ring, thank you!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_venue-ideas-for-an-elopement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a868fb50-12e2-442e-8b7b-6f96fb490de8Post:e4202d22-3e22-455a-a393-42a2ae62bc6d">Re: Venue ideas for an "elopement"???</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are getting married at 702 wedding (vegas wedding) on the terrace. just the 2 of us. I really like the look of it and it is outside
    Posted by PaulandBrandy[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Let me know how it goes!  We're getting married there on February 4th!

</div>
  • ok.  I have done lots of research tonight and last night and I think we really want to take the helicopter that will land inside the grand canyon and us get married there.  What a neat idea!!  I'm so happy.

And to those of you who wished you had eloped.  So far I am ALL for it.  You have no idea how much stress it takes off of me not to have to worry about coordinating all the guests and their rooms and meet and greet dinners and receptions and all of that.  I almost feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me!  Our circumstances stink because I've already shelled out thousands for welcome bags and I've spent hours and hours pulling things together and that sort of thing but if anyone is considering it I would totally recommend just eloping!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards