Iowa-Des Moines

~ Help ~ Need Des Moines Florist for Wedding

Hi,
I am fairly new to Iowa and am wondering what everyone's recommendations where for a wedding florist?  Any help is appreciated!  Kiss 

thanks!!

Re: ~ Help ~ Need Des Moines Florist for Wedding

• edited December 2011

From what I've seen, Hy-Vee is very reasonable in cost.. :)

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Gateway Market - their floral ladies used to own their own shop in Valley Junction. It's very reasonable since it's a "market" they get special pricing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Zippy88kZippy88k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Boesen's, and they do work with you. It was only about $100 more than at Hyvee, and for what I believe is a much higher quality project. 

But I have seen good things with Gateway Market (don't know prices, though)
  • edited December 2011

thanks for the help~

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Originals by Beck. She's VERY reasonably priced.  She came in $1600 UNDER my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • miniuhdeminiuhde member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was originally wanting to go with Bosen's but had a HORRIBLE time trying to get in contact with them to set up an appoinment. I figure if I have to jump through all these hoops to just get an appointment with them what will happen on my wedding day???

I went to Hy-Vee in Windsor Heights and they were very nice and reasonably priced. However, I set an appointment with Plaza Florist in Urbandale and fell in LOVE with them. They had so many good ideas and are not much more than Hy-Vee. I still have to put a deposit down, but I'm 99.9% sure we are going with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this!  I am trying to narrow down where to get my flowers.  I never thought about Gateway...and I love them so I will definitely check them out.  I am still considering Hy-Vee, but am open to other ideas as well.  

Anyone know any good florists in the Altoona area?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards