Maine

Rental Companies

Okay so I have been looking at every rental company in Maine but I am hoping that there is one out there that is cheaper than all the rest and I just have not found them yet. Right now I have a quote going with Party plus out of Biddeford but after going to the venue yesterday (to sign the contract making it offically ours!!!!!!!) we talked and realized that we should probably use a rented dance floor because where the dancing will take place is a little bit uneven. But when I asked them about a 20x20 dance floor they told me $900, yes that is right $900.
First off lets mention again how much that is -- $900..HOLY COW!
Second, does any one know of any other rental companies besides the ovious in southern Maine ? (Party plus, one stop party shoppe, paper party house)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rental Companies

• ahh i just got back from the bridal show and loved the set up that party plus had! the linens were gorgeous.  i'm not sure about other places other then the ones you mentioned but i did see in the pictures you sent to me that they did have a dance floor.  i am so excited to go up next monday and see the barn!!!
    i'll let you know if i find any other places!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New England Tent and Awning (Brunswick)
    http://netentandawning.com/

A Plus Party Rental
    http://www.apluspartyrentalme.com/rental-catalog/staging-dance-floors

I don't know anything about them or how much they charge (A Plus had prices on their website).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • went to the Bridal show as well. ((I always leave on a sugar high from all those samples haha)) I think I might try and get some more quotes to see who I can get the cheapest of everything. Attempted to keep the entire wedding under 4500. so far so good.

joellennitsche --When I went up this time the place where the dance floor is going to be (same as in the photos I sent to you) the ground is uneven. Also, dont forget to mention that I told you about the place :) get me some brownie points haha

hcorrigan34 - At the bridal show, at the season's vendor table they have the picture on the left of your signature on display.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_rental-companies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:364ab914-9274-4422-8678-d5653b7f226aPost:d976063f-576a-48d9-957c-546279eeace7">Re: Rental Companies</a>:
    [QUOTE]went to the Bridal show as well. ((I always leave on a sugar high from all those samples haha)) I think I might try and get some more quotes to see who I can get the cheapest of everything. Attempted to keep the entire wedding under 4500. so far so good. joellennitsche --When I went up this time the place where the dance floor is going to be (same as in the photos I sent to you) the ground is uneven. Also, dont forget to mention that I told you about the place :) get me some brownie points haha <strong>hcorrigan34 - At the bridal show, at the season's vendor table they have the picture on the left of your signature on display.</strong>
    Posted by nikkay19[/QUOTE]

Too funny! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • oh i will definitely mention you!! do you know what you are doing for catering and such??? my mom really wants to have a place that does everything there... but i love this barn that you showed me so i'm trying to convince her otherwise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah sadly this place does not have much besides bed to sleep in, walls, ceilings, floors, and breakfast in the morning. But for catering, my fiance and I are not traditional at all so we are doing a pig roast, pig is free from the FI aunt, being cooked by my uncle. The rest of the food is being cooked by family. Except for the cake, that is being cooked by my mom's coworker (who does cakes part time for a bakery but I am not sure what her company is named). You also have to have your own bartender that is licensed and insured, we might be using jeff york, if you want his number let me know, very down to earth and not very expensive. However, I am not sure but I think there are some caterers out there that provide everything from food to dishes, maybe even tables and chairs but i am not sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have yet to find burlap runners (I was thinking the same thing! love the way they look!) but the lienes I bought them from this website.

http://www.efavormart.com/linen-tablecloths-linen-napkins.aspx

They were a little cheaper when I bought them but I plan on selling mine after and I could sell those to you after I am done with them, you wouldnt have to pay for shipping afterward. But they are white. I cant remember how many of which i order but I will let you know once I find my receipts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards