Kentucky-Louisville

Catholic Church

I am NOW looking for a Catholic Church in Louisville that has weddings on Saturday evenings. I only know of two - St Louis of Bertand and St Elizabeth of Hungary. Any others?? Thanks for your help!!!

Re: Catholic Church

• ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your definition of "evening?"  A friend of mine got married at the Cathedral of the Assumption a few years back and I think it was about 5pm or so.  On the website it says:

"Weddings are scheduled on Friday evenings at 7:00 p.m., Saturday mornings at 11:00 a.m. or Saturday afternoons at 2:30 p.m.  At least one member of the wedding party, either bride or groom, must be a practicing Roman Catholic for the wedding to take place at the Cathedral of the Assumption."

I also think it's major $$$ to use it and the city requires you do the marriage classes for 6months.  H and I are both Catholic, but got married at a country club which made it much easier financially (way cheaper) and time-wise (all we had to do was change rooms for our reception after the ceremony).  Just a thought...
  • Jules112480Jules112480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for between 5:00 and 7:00 PM on a Saturday. I was looking at Episcopal churches as I do want to get married in a church. My fiancee is the Catholic and he wants the Catholic church. I want the Saturday evening wedding.
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've looked at several Catholic parish websites and all of them have a 5pm mass on Saturday.  Looks like you guys have some talking to do.  I've read on the boards that sometimes Presbytarian churchs are more accomodating in this area too. 
  • edited December 2011
    My husband is Catholic we got married at St. Rita its small but pretty and we got married at like 6:30.
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I got married on a Saturday evening at St. John's United Church of Christ, it's on East Market.  It was awesome because it's an old church and you can bring in your own officiant or use their's. 
    Good luck!
    KMB
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance & I are getting married at St. Boniface in downtown Louisville.  They don't have a Saturday mass, so you can select anytime before 8 p.m.  It's not cheap, but it's beautiful there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards