Chit Chat

No, I'm not excited at all.

Wow, I'm extremely sick of being asked, "Are you excited for your wedding?"
That's seriously the dumbest question I have ever heard! I am the bride, why wouldn't I be excited? Does that question really need to be answered?

I've been asked that about 30 times THIS WEEK! And the wedding is still 7 months away.

Really people, use common sense. Yes, I am excited.

I really want to respond with "No, I am dreading the day. I'm avoiding talking about it at all." ugh.

Just had to vent. Does anyone else get this question a lot, and think it's the dumbest thing ever?

Re: No, I'm not excited at all.

• it gets worse

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-not-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c2fd7327-f399-4438-a60d-a910e12d42caPost:28aab454-06a5-4166-9031-d125f0bc2ec7">Re: No, I'm not excited at all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get the question occasionally.  We're coming up on two months out, so it doesn't really bother me.  In all honesty, I'll be a lot more excited when my to-do list starts shrinking and I can maybe get my weekends back.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I agree... I'll be more excited when my to-do list begins to shrink. I mean, of course I'm excited that I'm marrying my best friend, but there is so much to do that it kind of overshadows the excitement.
  • As soon as you get married, it is SO NOT over. Believe me. As soon as you step into the reception everyone will ask you "So how does it feel?" and they all know the answer...(It's wonderful) and after the wedding is over, people will ask you "so when you gonna start a family?" Just brush it off. Everyone goes through these stupid questions.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • im 9 days away and yes i am excited but i am stressed out too. Hopefully this weekend i will get everything done so i will have a few days of R&R
  • I'm kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum.  Our wedding is a year and 7 months out (give or take) and I'm sick of hearing "You have PLENTY of time"  I realize this but since when is it a national crime to start getting ideas and working on DIY projects...I'm doing A LOT of DIY projects... 
  • When they ask, just pee a little and tell them that's how excited you are. I guarantee you they won't ask again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-not-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:c2fd7327-f399-4438-a60d-a910e12d42caPost:ad1f7901-1833-4f6f-83b9-f6f3062762e7">Re: No, I'm not excited at all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When they ask, just pee a little and tell them that's how excited you are. I guarantee you they won't ask again.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!! i think that's probably the best idea i've ever heard.

but i guess i am kind of sucking in all the wedding talk while i can because i know someday, after being married for 40 years, i'm going to look back and only remember a few real details (without looking at the video or pictures). people are just trying to act interested and really don't know what else to say. i'm also guilty of asking, "how's married life?" because i'm at a loss for words. i guess i could ask them how their sex life is? lol!
    Fast & Furious! Together - 10/17/09 Engaged - 1/1/10 Wedding - 8/20/2010
  • Wait until after the wedding and they start asking, "When are you guys going to start having kids?"  We aren't even married yet and people are asking us that question - Um not until I'm 30 thanks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • When people ask me when we are going to start a family, I say "as soon as my student loans are paid off.  Would you like to make a contribution?  Right now we're looking at about $25K."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-not-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c2fd7327-f399-4438-a60d-a910e12d42caPost:ad1f7901-1833-4f6f-83b9-f6f3062762e7">Re: No, I'm not excited at all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When they ask, just pee a little and tell them that's how excited you are. I guarantee you they won't ask again.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oh I LOL'd and LOL'd.</div><div>
    </div><div>What bugs me more than the are you excited question is the kid question. Everyone keeps bringing up kids. Yes I want kids but right now I just want to be engaged!!! Mom was sorting through her closet and held up this bag of my baby clothes and said "I'm saving these for you!" My FI was telling his 3 yr old niece that she'd have a little cousin. I want the baby talk to end, my womb is not planing on giving you babies for at least 3 to 4 years.</div><div>
    </div><div>I feel better now.  :) </div>
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • One of my coworkers comes by everyday and asks.. "are you married yet?". Its a joke between us, and I know he's just picking at me, but it gets tiresome.

So I guess y'all think I'm crazy for taking maternity clothes that my friend offerred me? Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm not excited for the wedding; I'm excited to have it over with and get on with being married. :)  Yes, I get annoyed by the question, but they stop asking when I give them my honest answer.  What's more annoying are the people who start lecturing how you SHOULD be excited.  One of my coworkers recently got engaged and is planning a November wedding.  I told her about TK and gave her all the wedding planning stuff I wasn't using anymore, then we talked about how much planning goes into weddings.  The girl who sits next to her asked her the next day if she was excited and she said she was more stressed out wondering how she was going to get everything done and pay for it.  The girl proceeded to tell her that she should be more excited and asked what was wrong with her.  Hello?  You're the one who keeps talking about never wanting to get married, so who are you to tell her how she should be feeling? (although I think it's because her bf is a d-bag and has been cheating on her since the second week they were together...so to justify staying with him she says she never wants to get married anyway...but that's another story)

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • If people asked when we were going to start a family, I'd say, "We did when we got married.  DH and I ARE family."

• My FI is from England and every time anyone in my family talks to me they ask "When are you seeing him again? I bet you miss him!" I feel like asking if they would miss their husband/wife if they went away for 6 months. What a silly question. Then I say that I'll be going to England for 3 1/2 weeks and they say "Oh how exciting!" and of course the big one "When is he popping the question?" >_> of course we're already engaged but I don't really want that to be common knowledge yet. When talking to a close friend about our actual plans to be married she said "I bet you're glad to be finally getting him over here." Let me just add that she lives with her boyfriend and has never gone more than TWO WEEKS without seeing him at least once a day in the 3 years they've been together. Understatement of the year <_<
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-not-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:c2fd7327-f399-4438-a60d-a910e12d42caPost:9ee331c9-84d9-47c5-9940-62aea8d63c6b">Re: No, I'm not excited at all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my coworkers comes by everyday and asks.. "are you married yet?". Its a joke between us, and I know he's just picking at me, but it gets tiresome. So I guess y'all think I'm crazy for taking maternity clothes that my friend offerred me?
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

taking maternity clothes isnt so bad to me { i even took some from my neighbor but i was already 3 months pregnant by then), but everyones body is different when you get pregnant because you may gain baby weight in different areas so the clothes may not fit though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards