Wedding Etiquette Forum

Merry Christmas Eve, E!

I know it's a holiday and a Saturday so it will probably be very quiet in here, but I at least wanted to say good morning and happy celebrating of Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanzaa with your families.  If you don't celebrate, well, have a great Saturday.  =-)
The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
"So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

Re: Merry Christmas Eve, E!

• Never heard of it until now. 

:opens a new window:

• He's in the Solomon Islands

• Merry Christmas Eve, B and BB! 

Of course everyone else. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve!

I woke up at 6:30 to say goodbye to H, and now I'm just resting and doing a little knitting.  I have a feeling this scarf won't be done in time for Christmas, but c'est la vie.  When my sis wakes up we're going to get ready and head to my parents' house all day, then Mass tonight and my parents' big Christmas Eve dinner.  It's going to be wild.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Bay do you guys do midnight mass?

• Mine too, Lia!

• Fezz -- no, my church doesn't do midnight Mass, unfortunately.  I've never been to one.  We go to the 4 PM vigil, because the little kids do their pageant and it's really cute. :)

• Good morning and merry Christmas eve! My mom comes over around noon, I can't wait!
  • That does sound cute!  We've always done midnight mass, I don't think I've ever gone to the earlier mass on Christmas eve.  I'd assume it's probably a little more crowded then midnight.  I wish we'd go earlier.  Tongue out

• Morning, Stacko and J!  Merry Christmas, Stack fam! :)

• Thanks! Merry Christmas fezz family of three! :)
  • Fezz and Baby Fezz!

We're doing CE with my family and C with the Bs tomorrow.  Well, obviously tomorrow since C is tomorrow.  Duh.  Anyway, I'm super excited for BB this year since she's old enough to kind of get what's going on.  She started dragging presents from under the tree and pulling the bows off.  I've been tellign her "tomorrow" so now she goes over there and says "morrow" and points to all of them.  I can't WAIT for her to see her Santa gifts!

• Liatris, I've always wanted to go to one.  One of these days...

Fezz, it is PACKED.  My church only has 4 PM on Christmas Eve and 8 and 10 on Christmas Day, so anyone who goes on Christmas Eve will be there tonight.  I'm going in early b/c I have keys (perk of working there) and saving some seats so hopefully we can all sit.

• Good morning, ladies!
  • It's so fun when they actually start to enjoy and "know" what's going on, B!  You guys are going to have so much fun this year!

Bay, you're lucky you have keys.  That's an awesome perk!

• We're heading to the ILs for dinner (well, probably earlier so I can make cookies with MIL), then evening Mass.  Tomorrow are gifts (H and I have to decide if we're exchanging them at his parents' or if we're doing them at home), and a bigger family dinner.  And Monday is a ladies' lunch for the women in H's family.
  • Why is B talking to herself in the beginning of this thread? People are talking to Liatris (I think) but I don't see her posts. Did she get banned? And or what?

Good Morning! I'm waiting or Lucas to get back from getting coffee so we can walk up to the little park in our neighborhood so I can workout. I use jungle-gyms as workout equipment. :)
  • I see Liatris.  MK, did you accidentally block her?
  • MK - that's weird.   I wonder if you blocked her.

• Ick, Lia.  Men are gross.

I have a sneaky suspicion that ladies' lunch is going to focus on baby talk, which will be uncomfortable for me since I don't have one (but feel pressured) yet and one SIL isn't even dating anyone seriously (and feels pressured to get married).  :\  I hope I am underestimating my two older SILs.
  • Merry Christmas everyone!!  Mrs. B - you are going to have such a wonderful time in the morning when Santa comes! I am counting on seeing a pic of BB on Christmas morning...

We are wrapping (yes, wrapping) this morning, cleaning house, and doing some baking.  It is just the 3 of us tonight, tomorrow afternoon we go to SIL/BIL's and then on Monday our kids and g'kids  are coming over for our family Christmas and I don't have to share the g'kids with any other g'parents!

For out g'kids I have one box for each family.  It will have some cups, plates, flatware, and a bunch of snacks.  They will open it, try to put that extremely grateful look on their faces like they have been taught and say thank you.  I will mess with them for a minute or two and then tell them we are going to Great Wolf Lodge (indoor waterpark/hotel) for their gift and they will need these items to take with them.  Then they will REALLY put that grateful look on their cute little faces and I will be Nana of the year for at least a day or two.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone, whichever one you celebrate.
  • MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

I'm super excited!  Tonight H and I have reservations at the Melting Pot for after he gets off work. I am supposed to go into the office, but it just doesn't feel right on Christmas eve so I'll try to get away with not going.  

I hope everyone else's christmases are merry and bright!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-e?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c561985-e103-41b0-be27-9a5e2077b2b0Post:8ffef143-e455-4a43-9037-30d1a40a5172">Re: Merry Christmas Eve, E!</a>:
    [QUOTE] They will open it, <strong>try to put that extremely grateful look on their faces like they have been taught and say thank you. </strong> I will mess with them for a minute or two and then tell them we are going to Great Wolf Lodge (indoor waterpark/hotel) for their gift and they will need these items to take with them.  Then they will REALLY put that grateful look on their cute little faces and I will be Nana of the year for at least a day or two. Have a wonderful holiday everyone, whichever one you celebrate.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

<div>That is such a cute idea!!</div><div>
    </div><div>And, dangit!  This confirms a fear I've had ever since I was a kid: my grandma <em>could</em> tell when I didn't like a gift! </div>
  • Mmm.The Melting Pot.

• Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! :)  I'm probably going to go back to sleep in a minute here soon, people were partying in our apt complex so we didn't get much sleep last night and poor H has to work 12 hours today :(  I'll see him at about 9:20 when he gets home from work.  So I'm by myself today.  Luckily, there's nothing I HAVE to do.  

We never hung ornaments on our tree (Christmas Fail) so I'm going to hang some just in the front today, bleach and harden the sand dollars my ILs found on the beach here, and straighten up.  I'm also going to call my Dad and his parents down in FL and try to Skype with them.  That's how we're seeing our families this year.  Hooray for Skype!
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Merry Christmas Eve, TR!  Sorry T has to work all day.  That's the pits. 

• Good morning and Happy Christmas Eve/ Saturday! I woke up as I always do by this time. We are going to bake some muffins to bring to the ILs today, then wrap presents during the Giants game before stopping at a package (liquor) store on our way towards NY. We have a lot of driving to do this weekend, but it's going to be fun.
  • It is the pits.  Oooh if you're still here, temping question.  Is it better to take it at the same time every day after possibly being half awake and tossing and turning for an hour or so or take it an hour or so earlier after waking up from a longer, deeper sleep?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Good morning. I think I was in denial of how cold it would be here in MI. I didn't really pack appropriately. Today all of FI's family will come over for dinner including aunts, uncles, cousins. 28 people in all. Tomorrow we will open presents with just his immediate family and go to mass.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eh, I used to just take it when I woke up from a deep sleep if it was within an hour of my normal wake up time.  I don't know which way would be considered better.

That's basically the reason I started setting my alarm crazy early, so that it would actually wake me up before I kind of woke up.  I wanted to get the best reading.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards