Wedding Reception Forum

not renewing our vows after reading my replies

thanks for everyone replies I took them to heart and Im going to tell my husband when he gets home from work that we can wait 3 more years. I dont know how it will hurt him becasue he was really looking forward to this in July. I want to wish you all many wonderful blessings on your future nuptials. May God bless you

Re: not renewing our vows after reading my replies

• im not sure what this in reference too but thank you
  • you can have renewal of vows.  i would let guests know its a renewal and not wedding.  i read you original post which was posted on a different board which is why i didnt know what you were referring to.  you original wedding too place in courthouse but its ok to do a vow renewal
  • The replies you got to your post at Snarky Brides seemed quite positive to me, winter777. Sure, a couple of posters thought you should wait for a milestone and some others were trying to stress that you need to rethink the didn't-have-a-wedding attitude. I don't see any reason to disappoint your husband or yourself if this is what you want to do.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I read your post and I think most ladies were just confused on the use of the word "wedding." You and your husband do what ever you want this is your life and your wedding/vow renewal!  My husband and I got married this past august and we are planning a vow renewal for next year that will include everyone who couldn't attend when we went to the courthouse and I totally have the "wedding attitude!" Sure its more traditional to wait for a milestone but then again whos traditional anymore? So I say do whatever you and your husband want and if you want to call it a wedding then do it :)
    The Early Yearsimage November Siggy
  • umm, is there possibly any way you could phase that just a bit more nicely?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards