Military Brides

Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....

Haha had a 10 hour workday AND I didn't skip the gym so go me. I'm celebrating with the end of my bottle of beaujolais nouveau. Anyone around? Other than Amh, who already knows I'm sort of in love with her right now... :)

Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....

• edited December 2011
    I need some wine, what a great idea. 

I studied for a little over 7 hours straight today (with only bathroom breaks); took 12 pages of notes and my hand cramped like a mother. 

I also didn't skip my workout today (go me!) I did a 300 rep challenge and it was fun!!

and... I'm also in love with amh; I'm going to move to FL and be her neighbor (ch-yeeeaaa!)
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha fire, we're twins today then!! Except you need wine....where's Gg? She'll agree with me. 300 reps of what, may I ask?
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got wine too! Except mine is Little Black Dress merlot, which I think I deserve after the hellacious 10 hours I spent at clinic today. Anyway, Beaujolais Nouveau is good stuff, my mom and I finished a bottle of that last weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    I would love wine. I worked all day (student teaching and then the Y)
     We are going to have snow soon, part of me is excited, part of me...not so much.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I need a drink lol. I'm in a really down mood :(
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! I'm so glad you posted this! No wine for me.. I'm sipping on some hot tea with honey. I'm hoping it'll help me feel better.

and btw - WTG! I'm totally proud of you! I need to get back into a gym routine, or any routine for that matter stat.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm liking the nouveau this year. But I wish I remember what last year's tasted like...it just goes down the hatch most of the time...haha

Mel, do you have to do shifts in the clinic for school? Or is it a side job? I don't know how this all works....
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh everyone popped in, so fun!! But sorry youre down Zims, anything we can help with?
  • edited December 2011
    Fire - Heck yes!! Come move to the warmth! It was 65 here today :) - Although I'm finding that a little bit chilly.
  • edited December 2011
    irish- 300 reps:

30 burpees
    30 jump squats with sandbag
    30 pushups
    30 toe touch sit ups
    30 bodyweight dips
    30 jump tucks
    30 plank jacks
    30 jump lunges
    30 leg drops
    30 pike jumps

mel- 10 hours in the clinic definitely deserves wine. Typically, one hour in a clinic is enough to drive one to drinking. ha

ETA: Zim, why are you down?

ETA: amh- its freakin cold here, I will take 65. 

and final ETA: I must be a dead mouse magnet. I found another dead mouse at work today. It was randomly dead behind the sofa. 
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    edited December 2011
    Irish- 3rd year of school is nothing but clinical rotations, and right now I'm rotating through the oncology clinics for the past few weeks. I love the work, I love the patients... I just don't love running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Le sigh. I guess that's the life of a doctor.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:5e25aae5-1c8a-4e3a-9b1d-1c92405a38a4">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire - Heck yes!! Come move to the warmth! It was 65 here today :) - Although I'm finding that a little bit chilly.
    Posted by amh04[/QUOTE]
      Can I come, it's 15 degrees here, andI want some warmth<div>
    </div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big ups to oncology!!! What's your fav rotation so far? Or what you're most looking forward to? 

Fire, k.....sorry for asking. Haha I'm tired just reading that. 

ETA: No offense with the onocology comment, obv. It's just my field so I got excitedly nerdy. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:2100ade3-1edb-49c0-8547-7df30bb00799">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh everyone popped in, so fun!! But sorry youre down Zims, anything we can help with?
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]
    Well if you read this thread <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_chit-chat-anyone" target="_blank">Clicky</a> this is what I've been down about. The girl I messaged just messaged me back and not heartfelt at all. All she said was "sounds good to me, hope all is well with you and andrew. merry christmas." I'm pretty bummed I sent a heartfelt message and that's all she sent back. And it took her almost a week to send this when she has been on multiple times since I sent it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:96c3a3b8-7a55-41da-8024-7e0b36755cb1">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... :   Can I come, it's 15 degrees here, andI want some warmth
    Posted by Danidawn20[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>okay, I will stop complaining about how cold it is. It's just at freezing where I am now, but its in the low 20's up on the mountain, and they started making snow at the resort today... busy season for us Medics is starting soon- lots of retards on skis. </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yuck! Florida has really grown on me, the weather esp. Yesterday I refused to leave the house because it was only 57!! But yes! Everyone can come and visit! It gets boring when its just FI and me. lol.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:66045d55-2ee9-4682-b6ff-c773924938cf">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Big ups to oncology!!! What's your fav rotation so far? Or what you're most looking forward to?  Fire, k.....sorry for asking. Haha I'm tired just reading that.  ETA: No offense with the onocology comment, obv. It's just my field so I got excitedly nerdy. 

<div>
    </div><div>yeah. I got tired just typing it out and thinking about it again, haha. </div><div>
    </div><div>and zim- that sucks :( Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted it to, but at least she did answer and she wasn't ugly...</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to pop in and say HI! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:73af5e6e-7bee-49d8-974b-cadf8514fc67">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : Well if you read this thread  Clicky  this is what I've been down about. The girl I messaged just messaged me back and not heartfelt at all. All she said was "sounds good to me, hope all is well with you and andrew. merry christmas." I'm pretty bummed I sent a heartfelt message and that's all she sent back. And it took her almost a week to send this when she has been on multiple times since I sent it.
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]
    That sucks....but truly, you were the bigger person and if you're willing to actually be civil and friendly in social situations, then it falls on her to be the stupid bitch, you know? And hopefully the guys can get past it, as they're usually not as catty as women and can just move on......but obviously regardless of what you do or say, she's not htat interested in completely forgiving and forgetting, so try not to harp on it. There's nothing you can do sometimes. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:d964d2ed-5718-4dbb-8834-20e49593b8ac">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : okay, I will stop complaining about how cold it is. It's just at freezing where I am now, but its in the low 20's up on the mountain, and they started making snow at the resort today... busy season for us Medics is starting soon- lots of retards on skis. 
    Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yup, it gets cold here. I never understood why people made sno since there is natural snow alway made when it's cold. On Saturday we are suppose to get about 6 inches of snow here. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Hello my darling wine friend :) 

Fire, I love that 300rep thing you just posted... must try tomorrow!

I'm eating my chili I made yesterday and watching the seahawks game. I just finished all my Christmas shopping except for MIL.. 
    I have no effing clue. 
    Ideas people?!!? She is a sew/knitter so anything like hat/scarves are a no. She has 3589713859 of them lol. 

H is on his way home to me right now :) Yay! It's only been a few days but he feels clingy which makes me feel clingy :o
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:9f247a57-2b91-4717-8f41-8d3592b1b8fe">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : That sucks....but truly, you were the bigger person and if you're willing to actually be civil and friendly in social situations, then it falls on her to be the stupid bitch, you know? And hopefully the guys can get past it, as they're usually not as catty as women and can just move on......but obviously regardless of what you do or say, she's not htat interested in completely forgiving and forgetting, so try not to harp on it. There's nothing you can do sometimes. 
    Yeah it's just hard to accept that I tried to be the bigger person and she didn't care. I'll definitely admit I'm not always the bigger person and that was a big deal for me to message her bc I felt bad FI lost a good friend
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:c0bca094-7f8b-4cde-8ed8-8f62bbdc885f">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : Yeah it's just hard to accept that I tried to be the bigger person and she didn't care. I'll definitely admit I'm not always the bigger person and that was a big deal for me to message her bc I felt bad FI lost a good friend
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]
    Yup, I totally get that. Unfortunately I think it's one of the suckiest things about growing up....it doesn't always work both ways. I'd still be proud of yourself for doing all you could for their friendship and continue to support your FI in rebuilding (hopefully) that friendship. 
  • edited December 2011
    Mel - Wow that must be hard! I couldn't imagine!!

Zims - I'm sorry your down!! I know how sucky it is when friendships fall out, and I'm sure things will turn out for the best.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:eff93429-37d4-4fe2-b458-39382eb9f075">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello my darling wine friend :)  Fire, I love that 300rep thing you just posted... must try tomorrow! I'm eating my chili I made yesterday and watching the seahawks game. I just finished all my Christmas shopping except for MIL..  I have no effing clue.  Ideas people?!!? She is a sew/knitter so anything like hat/scarves are a no. She has 3589713859 of them lol.  H is on his way home to me right now :) Yay! It's only been a few days but he feels clingy which makes me feel clingy :o) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Nice, let me know how you like it!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>and to all: I'm super excited- FI just called and said it's official, he's getting frocked for 1st class tomorrow! (They had miscalculated his score and his chief caught it, had to go to a review council before they could officially grant it to him... but he got it!!)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:eff93429-37d4-4fe2-b458-39382eb9f075">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello my darling wine friend :)  Fire, I love that 300rep thing you just posted... must try tomorrow! I'm eating my chili I made yesterday and watching the seahawks game. I just finished all my Christmas shopping except for MIL..  I have no effing clue.  Ideas people?!!? She is a sew/knitter so anything like hat/scarves are a no. She has 3589713859 of them lol.  H is on his way home to me right now :) Yay! It's only been a few days but he feels clingy which makes me feel clingy :o) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    Oh hi lover! Ummm MIL....does she cook? Pics of you guys? Pretty bath stuff? Spa gift cert? I'm not technically getting mine anything, H is doing that so I'm no real help. <div>
    </div><div>Hey post your body scrub recipe or linky for me!</div>
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of wine, where do I find this Red Velvet Cupcake wine? I browsed the shelf at Walmart while my FI was picking out his beer. Do I have to head to Total Wine?
  • edited December 2011
    Mel- what type of doc to you want to be?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support everyone. You're making me feel a little better :)
  • edited December 2011
    fire, if it kicks my butt and makes me sweat, I'll like it ;) 

Irishlove- idk.. Yeah she cooks, but not like us.. She's not a "from scratch" woman and has a LOT of kitchen stuff, but I was thinking of finding something that route as well. We're going to get them a wedding album of course, but we got FIL stuff so we need to get her stuff. She's not really a spa woman either.. gah.. I think she's harder to shpo for than MY mom and that's impressive. lol! I'm thinking of getting her local honeys/jams/pastas/soaps/candles and making a basket/box for her. 
    Also, I posted the recipe in the Thirsty Thursday Thread with a pic of the result :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards