California-Inland Empire

wedding venues for a small family wedding/reception in southern CA

hi all, hope everyone's having a nice sunday night~
we are a couple from illinois actively seeking a destination wedding/reception venue in southern CA.
we have been wandering all over the mainland and finally decided that southern CA would be the best place for our event.

can you recommend a or several wedding venues for a small family event for up to 50 people?
we would need a venue for both ceremony and reception.
Any insight is greatly welcomed!
thanks and have a sweet sunday night!! Laughing

kye from illinois

Re: wedding venues for a small family wedding/reception in southern CA

• edited December 2011
    Hey Kye...
    Are you looking for something in particular theme wise? I am getting married at Rileys Farm in Yucaipa, CA... which would obviously mean that I have a rustic theme going on here.

There is also the Mitten Buliding in Redlands, which is really cute. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    congrats on your wedding!!
    and thank you for the info. we'll check it out.
    ^^
  • edited December 2011

First you need to tell us what "theme" or look you are going for. One of the beauties of Southern Cal is that you have many different options. Beach, mountains, desert, vineyards, rustic, modern, etc.

• gmnidrmgmnidrm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi,
    Have you considered an Estate wedding? Estates are ava in all price ranges and are wonderful for small weddings.

I am getting married in Palm Springs @ the Galvan Estate. It's a 4 bedroom home. So we are staying there for a long weekend. I will be having our wedding, reception, rehearsal dinner, and Sunday brunch all in 1 place + it's a place for our parents to stay (on the other side of the house that is) :)

Here is a great website to look for estates in Ca if this is something that appeals to you. Hope that helps and happy hunting...

http://www.vrbo.com

Raylene

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Please see Abraham's Garden. It is very new and reasonable. Go to Facebook Pages "Abraham's Garden". The estate is in Temecula in the middle of Southern California's Wine Counrty. It is beautiful and a wonderful place for a small family wedding. It's also great for large weddings. 

• edited December 2011
     Have you checked out Idyllwild,Ca. its a small boutique mountain town ..Rainbow Inn Bed N Breakfast is really cute place and can easily accomodate 50 plus people. And you rent out the whole Bed N breakfast for you and guests. Also The Creekside Inn Restaurant is quaint and cute. 
  • Hello!  

Can anyone suggest a garden-like atmosphere for somewhere in Orange County area?  I've tried some local venues out here but all them seem to have a minimum of 50.  Very disappoining.  Any suggestions are welcome!  Thanks. 

• We have two lovely and very large outdoor areas that we rent out for weddings and receptions. You can have basically the entire day at your disposal for $750.00.
    Please go on and read our testimonials and check out our photos and all we have to offer.
    www.sbpoolparties.com
    Also with the wedding package come a full time hostess that basically makes your day stressfree :0)
    We also allow you to use all your own vendors and bring in your own food and drinks. We specialize in weddings on a budget.
    And TRUELY believe in YOUR day, YOUR way!Check us out!
  • For about 100 guest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards