May 2012 Weddings

How is everyone doing?!

Our weddings are sooo close!! (or over!)

To all the MRS:
What ONE piece of advice would you give to us May ladies who are still waiting?

All the other May ladies:

What is the most important task on your To Do list right now?
imageAnniversary

Re: How is everyone doing?!

• most important and biggest task left for us is just paying off the couple vendors that we have left. All of them are due on the wedding day but I'd rather get it done with now!
  • I'm a MRS! Yay!

My only advice is just to enjoy the day. Everyone tells you those little things you're stressing over don't matter, and it's true. I promise that even if someone notices your cupcakes have ivory frosting instead of white, they will still eat them and they will still love you. Just take everything in, it goes by faster than you can imagine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited May 2012

May 19 Bride.......  My biggest to-do is table decor!!!  I STILL can't find table runners that are short enough.  I am definitely running out of time.  Otherwise, I feel pretty good about everything!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just have to get organized...get bathroom baskets together.write some checks! I'm doing good...calm with bursts of totally excitement!
  • everything is done, just have to pick up tux for FI and drop stuff off at venue next week. 
  • I just want to go get my dress on Monday!!
  • Getting married on 5/19 and still have to work on the wedding programs. I'm doing a little booklet thing and I have the outside covers done, just have to print out the order of service and tie it to the cover with ribbon.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Finishing the programs, which had to be changed last minute.  Should be done tonight.

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    May 26 bride here :)

Biggest To-Do's for this week are printing all the programs and tying them with ribbon. I've got 5 out of 100 done, haha.
    I also need to figure out where I want to take photos between the ceremony and reception.  I thought I had this done but it turns out that the park I picked only allows residents of the town to use it.  Now I'm back at square one :-/ 
    And then this weekend, we have our final meeting with our venue!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited May 2012

May 26th Bride here too! :)

Everything is done... we are having a meeting with our venue this Saturday for final meeting, dropping off decoration, favors, etc and payment of course... we only have to pay the rest for the venue and the third payment for the photographer (about $400 left and not due til we pick up our wedding pics anyways)...everything else is paid already... week off the wedding, we just do the minor things like picking up tux, dress, getting our rings cleaned at the jewelry, etc... can't wait! I should have picked an earlier date for my May wedding... now i'm just sitting here and waiting for the day! LOL

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • May 19....... Left to do: Put favors together. They are edible and can't be done until 2 days before the wedding. I have 130 to make!
  • May 12th bride.  Finish enlarging all our crystal pieces to fit the bouquets for our centerpieces....tedious & time consuming!

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Meeting with the planner to sort everything out before she LEAVES. Ugh. 
  • I was May 5th. Advice - enjoy the day and take a minute (or two) to look around you! The day goes by so fast. If something goes wrong, let it go. I had a few issues the morning of but in the end, it really didn't matter! 

Also, EAT!!!

Congrats to all of you ladies who are now married :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_how-is-everyone-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:720f88d1-af5d-4825-9820-fc95e2ac23fbPost:8c8355b3-93d8-4355-870a-2a654802894c">Re: How is everyone doing?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was May 5th. Advice - enjoy the day and take a minute (or two) to look around you! The day goes by so fast. If something goes wrong, let it go. I had a few issues the morning of but in the end, it really didn't matter!  <strong>Also, EAT</strong>!!! Congrats to all of you ladies who are now married :-)
    Posted by Killa2979[/QUOTE]

This.

although you can try all you want, but I was physically incapable of eating more than 2 bites of any meal the 3 days before. I didn't even eat the food at my own wedding! I regret that.
  • May 19th... My biggest to do is to have all our paper items printed which I'm hoping to take care of tomorrow. My goal is to finish everything this weekend!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
  • Great!  I can honestly say I am done.  Vendors have been paid, tips have been put into envelopes, packed for honeymoon.

Oh, I need to wrap the ring barer and flower girl's gifts.  Will do that tonight.
  • May 19th bride all I have left to do is pack for the honeymoon. I plan to start this weekend. This weekend is also my bridal shower everyone wanted to wait until OOT guests arrived so they could be involved too.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • May 19th bride... I still need to finish my seating chart, I'll have to finish it when I get to town on Sunday. I also need to finish the favors. I'm dead in the water until I get up to Ohio though. Just gotta pack for the wedding week the HM before Sunday.
  • Printing programs out as we speak...next biggest item is lists of times/locations for the wedding party and people involved (has to be done before this weekend), and then getting everything up there (my moms hometown - 4 hours away!) luckly everything else is pretty much ready to go (do still need to pack though!) but these stupid porgrams are taking forever and I dont really even like them now that I see them printed. UGH!!!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I'm a MRS!!!

Best piece of advice: don't let the little mishaps get you down, and enjoy yourself!

I was surprised at how much time DH and I spent together at our wedding, it was seriously an amazing time :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • May 4th Bride - My piece of advise is to print many copies of your timeline and give them to anyone involved so everyone knows what is going on. :)

Oh, and dance a lot. It makes for great photographs.
    Anniversary
  • edited May 2012
    May 26 Still need to do the programs, put together an emergency bag, And find a gift for my daddy. That's about it, besides paying vendors.
  • May 19th Bride.  Just about everything is done except the programs.  They're set to print, but now the Best Man has pulled his back and may need to be replaced and I still don't know if my Mom will be here.  I'm trying to remember to breathe.  A lot. :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_how-is-everyone-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:720f88d1-af5d-4825-9820-fc95e2ac23fbPost:ed7c2ce9-e1fb-46dc-a15b-3bc97f288503">How is everyone doing?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our weddings are sooo close!! (or over!) To all the MRS: What ONE piece of advice would you give to us May ladies who are still waiting? All the other May ladies : What is the most important task on your To Do list right now?
    Posted by Mona8[/QUOTE]

<div>My advise is to enjoy your day and have some people who can put out any fires so you don't have to</div>
  • My advice (along with all the above)..  is to plan an extra half hour before the ceremony..  just to relax.  I accidently did this, and it really helped to have some time with my parents and my MOH before the ceremony. It helped to slow down the day so I didn't feel like it rushed by.  

Oh, and Enjoy it!! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards