Texas-San Antonio

Reception wording HELP

I am getting married at St. Marys Church andmy reception is at the international center.  I am going to have the river boat take my guest to the reception after the ceremony. I don't know how to word it on my reception enclosure. I don't want my guest to just leave, and then go to the reception on their own. All of my guest will be from out of town, since we are not from San Antonio. I am having a major problem trying to word my reception card.

Re: Reception wording HELP

• edited December 2011
    What about.. "After the ceremony guests are invited to take a courtsey boat ride to the reception"..That's all i can think of for now but i'm sure this will give an idea :)..The international center is such a beautiful place! good choice.
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but St. Mary's church is nowhere near the Riverwalk, is it? Where are the guests supposed to go after the ceremony to board the river boats? I'm not trying to crush your idea, I'm just generally curious.

I like the "courtesy boat ride" quote from pp, but you will also have to put parking info, directions and a set time to get there on the reception card so no one gets confused. I like the idea though! GL! :)
  • edited December 2011
    You can have it say "Following the ceremony, please join the bride and groom at the River Walk for a complementary boat ride to the reception". Just make sure they know where to rendezvous
  • edited December 2011
    St. Mary's church is right on the riverwalk, it is stated as the only church on the riverwalk, on S. St. Mary's St. The hotel everyone is staying at is across the street from the church and about 2 to 3 blocks from the international center. So everyone will be parked at the hotel and walking across the street to the church. We are not from San Antonio and I have no family in San Antonio, so we are all traveling. I just really love San Antonio, and weird as it is I met my FI there, even though we are both from Houston.
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mistake then! I live next to St. Mary's University and I guess I was confused. Shows what I know about my own town...lol...I still think that's a really cool idea. Like pp's said, just make sure that they know when and where to be. Congrats on your wedding!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Are you renting a private boat to take you there? Cause the public ones will probably be crowded.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, we are reserving the private charter tour boats, so that my guest have a narrative tour while riding to the reception, since nobody is from San Antonio.
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhh yes!! Then I would go with what Stacie and Luciano wrote. I like complementary!!! :) Awesome idea Jesse!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks gals for all your help. I was really stressed on what to say, or I was just thinking to hard and could not put it on paper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards