Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagement Photo Etiquette

Hello! I need an opinion on Engagement Photos.  They are included in our wedding package, engagement photos are in our contract.... do you tip the photographer, or is it not necessary because its in the contract?  I am not trying to be cheap, I just honestly don't know!

Any advice??

Re: Engagement Photo Etiquette

• edited December 2011
    Hey Melissa--congrats on your engagement!  Tipping is always appreciated, but in this situation it certainly isn't expected.  If you were going to tip on one of the two shoots (engagement vs. wedding), it is more customary to tip on the wedding shoot since it's a longer, more strenuous day for the photographers.

I'd say about 10% of clients tip for wedding photography.  The amount varies according to the package amount but is typically somewhere between $100 - $300.  But again, it's definitely not expected.
  • edited December 2011
    It's not necessary if it is included.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not a requirement, however, I would tip them at the wedding if you are happy with their services. I think that photographers are frequently over looked in the tipping department. Think about it... you tip the caterer, the DJ, why wouldn't you tip the person whose been following you around all day long hoofing it! LOL 

But, I wouldn't tip just for the engagement session. :)
  • edited December 2011
    tipping is entirely a subjective thing...some say if the person is the business owner, then you don't tip them...I tend to agree...having said that, there are times in which said business owner goes above and beyond...  if it is not the business owner, then yes, tipping is generally standard, unless of course they did not perform as you wished...

• 13b13b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tipping for the engagement session is not required. Especially if it's included in a package.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards