Not Engaged Yet
Options

Engaged, but missing the ring?

2»

Re: Engaged, but missing the ring?

• Options
    I'm in similar boat of feeling real or not.  Got engaged in March with cute toy ring, he wanted me to pick out one I really liked which I appreciate.  So, now it's June and no ring.  I've gone out shopping (by myself) and emailed him top choices (that took him 3 weeks to get to) in an attempt to help make process less painful for him.  In the meantime we've told all friends & family, put deposits down on ceremony & reception sites looking for the rest of vendors.  Wedding is in January.  It's always been official but I have to admit some of the fun is missing.  I've been saying I don't care and I don't need a ring but I have to wonder if my lack of enthusiasm has anything to do with everyone else's lack of enthusiasm - when they say congrats and look at hand and nothing there the reaction is less and given the amount of time passed is now weird.  Also, have tried on 70 dresses and have no feeling in any of them.  I hate to think I'm so superficial I need a ring but it feels like the time this is taking has drained some of the fun out of me.  I refuse to nag or ask him to buy me a ring! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_engaged-but-missing-the-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:24126280-6517-44bb-ac91-fa1329f1b43aPost:9f411222-0663-470c-8c51-ee4742967c19">Re: Engaged, but missing the ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in similar boat of feeling real or not.  Got engaged in March with cute toy ring, he wanted me to pick out one I really liked which I appreciate.  So, now it's June and no ring.  I've gone out shopping (by myself) and emailed him top choices (that took him 3 weeks to get to) in an attempt to help make process less painful for him.  In the meantime we've told all friends & family, put deposits down on ceremony & reception sites looking for the rest of vendors.  Wedding is in January.  It's always been official but I have to admit some of the fun is missing.  I've been saying I don't care and I don't need a ring but I have to wonder if my lack of enthusiasm has anything to do with everyone else's lack of enthusiasm - when they say congrats and look at hand and nothing there the reaction is less and given the amount of time passed is now weird.  Also, have tried on 70 dresses and have no feeling in any of them.  I hate to think I'm so superficial I need a ring but it feels like the time this is taking has drained some of the fun out of me.  I refuse to nag or ask him to buy me a ring! 
    Posted by jdcoker1[/QUOTE]

we should be friends LMAO,,my boyfriend was the same way when I used to show him what I liked.... we he actually got the ring, he got super sick as soon as we got home.... probably coincidence... but he wasnt feeling good at all... and I have tried tonsss of dresses.... I didnt feel good with any of them. we have been engaged for over a year, I have been looking for a wedding dress all this time. I decided to have it custom made..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards