Wedding Party

Bridesmaid Gift Ideas

Hi ladies.  I am truly at a loss on what to get my BMs as a thank you gift.  Any ideas? (cant spend more than 100/girl).

Thank you!!!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas

• There are a bunch of posts about this.  Best answer, remember they are individuals and shop for them as if it were any other occasion you would be buying them a gift.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • What would you buy them for their birthdays? Or xmas? What are their interests? Take bm out of the equation and all you have are a bunch of friends to buy gifts for. 

If Jane likes cooking, get her a cook book or a cute tin to put new recipes in.
    If Amy love Aerosmith, buy her concert tickets or a cd.
    If Carly likes wine, buy her some nice bottles...

See how none of the gifts are about a wedding? Notice how they all have to do with what each recipient likes? Follow in that direction.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • (Stina---those shoes in your siggy are fabulous.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aww, thanks Mandi. They sucker a lot of knotties to my bio....they think that because the shoes are hot, I have awesome style. Boy, are they wrong...lol
    My Planning Bio
  • Mandi_lynne: I struggled with this also (I have 8 fabulous BMs!). I am giving each of them a gift card to cover half of the cost of an updo if they choose to get their hair done, I bought each of them a necklace (on Black Friday! great deals!) and paid for the sash for their dress. Then I tried to think of my first great memory with each girl.. and buy something that reflects that. For instance, my BFF/MOH and I have way too many to count, but have a million "songs," so I engraved an ipod shuffle for her. My cousin and I used to be OBSESSED with the Little Mermaid, so I am buying her the first edition platinum Little Mermaid DVD. I hid my sister's furby in the ceiling for YEARS as a kid because it used to drive me nuts, so I am looking on ebay for a furby for her... they are not all practical gifts, but it's been really fun to buy them and think of the great memories we've shared! 
    160 image 99 image 13 image 48 image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • For the dozens of brides who have asked this question in the last two weeks, and the dozens who will ask it before next Friday:

ANYTHING that is for YOUR wedding is NOT a gift to your WP.  That includes, but is not limited to:  dresses, shoes, hair, make-up, jewelry, waxing, wraps,  shawls, accessories, or manis/pedis.

If it's for YOUR wedding, it's a gift for yourself and your "vision" of your wedding.

A gift FOR your WP would be something that is about them, and not your wedding.  It doesn't have to be matchy-matchy, and it doesn't have to have a single thing to do with your wedding or its theme.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Seriously, there were 2 posters that just posted about gifts that are NOT gifts. WTF, did you all learn NOTHING? Did you not LURK?!
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards