Not Engaged Yet

Dress is in!

Yay! My dress came in!!! I'm shocked. I ordered it Feb 7 and it is done already Smile It's exactly the same as the sample, same size and everything except incredibly wrinkled. I didn't take any new pictures when I went to try it on. Sadly, the beautiful shoes I bought are way too high Frown. I am resigned to the fact that I will probably have to get flats. It's either get flat shoes (that no one will see) or spend $150 to add length to the dress. I'll just get flat shoes.

Here are the shoes I'm thinking of getting:

They are pretty boring but I was thinking of adding shoe clips. Should I bother? We aren't doing a garter toss which I think is the only time you see the bride's shoes. Opinions?

Oh and incase anyone wants a reminder of the dress (and because I'm an AW) here's a picture:

and the back (my favorite part)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dress is in!

• zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to add shoe clips, add shoe clips. I think the shoes look pretty enough on their own. No one might see them, but you'll want to like how they look anyway.

The dress is fantastic. Two thumbs up.
  • edited December 2011
    Love the dress! And if you want to add shoe clips then definitely go for it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I say get some sparkley or colored shoes.  If they aren't really going to show it won't be too "out there" and if someone does see them its like "suprise!"

haha.
    but thats just my style. ;)
    Anniversary
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely get shoe clips, or something funky per Narwhals rec. It's for YOU!

You can always get some cute shoe pictures instead!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! Yay!! I agree - get something cute and funky for your shoes. Clips would be cute:)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :Does tap dance of excitement: that's awesome, now I'm going to be stalking my bridal shop. :)

I say get some fun flats that you can wear again, or get some awesome vintage clip-on earrings that you could wear again later, as shoe clips.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dress is gorgeous. I could only wish I would be so lucky to get my dress in sooner.

And I say get the shoe clips or dye your shoes a fun color (you could even do both). This is YOUR wedding nad its for YOU. You can always get cute pictures of your shoes along with your acessories.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say make the shoes fun and funky. I have 2 different pairs of purple shoes. My mom thought I was half cracked when I told her I bought purple shoes. She thought you were only supposed to wear white/ivory shoes with your wedding dress. Oh mother, get with the times....Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! You're right. I should get something I like. Maybe I'll look back at the purple shoe posts for Jenna. Or maybe I'll get shoe clips. We'll see! I have time. It's such a relief knowing that the dress is there at the shop waiting for alterations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c82f0132-1ac9-4f2c-8739-c2621c2e5ab6Post:0edef791-e3eb-4b75-a0b0-c34c3bf02619">Re: Dress is in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should wear these <a href="http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=75772&pg=1019326" rel="nofollow">http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=75772&pg=1019326</a>
    Posted by sapphirebaby926[/QUOTE]

OMG my sister would love that! She has Chucks in like every color. Red and green for Christmas, red white and blue for 4th of July, green and white for St. Patty's, green white and gold for her college graduation...you get the point. I have never been a fan but I do love the purple!
  • edited December 2011
    I used to have a couple of pairs of them but I'm kind of a flats or sandals gal now but I do remember them being incredibly comfortable Smile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would defnitely add shoe clips!!! It seems a little plain without them.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you go to amazon.com and just type "purple flats" into the search box, you get all kinds of results. Once you have the manufacturer and style name, you can google it to see if they carry it at zappos or somewhere else that offers free shipping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I vote for fun shoes. 
  • edited December 2011
    Love the dress!  I'm jealous yours came in so early!  And I agree that you can jazz up the shoes a bit, why not?
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Desert: thanks for the search tip. I never thought to do it that way! The only problem is I'm find tons I love (if you can call that a problemTongue out)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards