New Jersey

Seamstress in Northern Central NJ area?

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to be MOH in a wedding mid-October, and have already purchased my dress from David's Bridal in East Brunswick. I know I had an appointment to get measured for alterations there sometime this week but I lost the appointment card and now have no idea when it is.  When I called the woman didn't have any of my info on record and said someone would call me back - of course, no one did.

Cany you rec a seamstress in the Middlesex or Somerset County area?  If DB doesn't get it together and find my appointment by tonight I'll have to find someone else.  I just hope  I have enough time, the wedding is Oct. 16th.

Thanks!

Re: Seamstress in Northern Central NJ area?

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard horror stories about alterations at DB and the insane rates they charge. I highly suggest going to Hollwood Bridal in Kennilworth for your alterations. They're really great and very affordable and they'll get the job done right.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, me too!  I would NEVER go there for my wedding dress but figured they couldn't screw up a hem on a BM dress too badly.  They want $60 just for the hem, which I thought was a lot, but they say it's because the hem is irregular and not straight.  Yeah, maybe I'm better off going somewhere else either way, thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I used a private lady in North Brunswick for my wedding gown.  She was wonderful.  Full review in bio.  Email me for her phone number.  moscatelloc @hotmail
    imageimage
  • carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Milana Bridal Salon, she just opened her shop and used to do the alterations for macys

141 route 1
    metuchen NJ

908-338-8033

very affordable!
  • tparty10tparty10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is Hollywood bridal in Kenilworth too far from you??  They are super nice there
  • edited December 2011
    Antionette in Matawan - skilled and reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards