North Carolina
Options

wedding arbor rental (Asheville area)

Does anyone know of any rental companies, preferably in the Asheville area, that have wooden arbors?  We are getting married in a large, open field, so I need to find something to sort of designate where we are standing.  I am also open to other ideas beside an arbor if anyone has any.  I have checked with Classic Event Rentals and Asheville Rent All, and neither one has what I am looking for.  Would florists maybe have them?  Thanks!
Heather

Re: wedding arbor rental (Asheville area)

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about renting... but if you can't probably find one at lowes or homedepot or somewhere like walmart. You might be able to find one cheap enough to just buy and then you can decorate it to make it look nice.

EDIT: There are some expensive ones, but maybe you can find one that is cheaper and easier to find than a rental company's. 

or 

• Options
    chloe642chloe642 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea.  Thanks!   There are definitely arbors that are more affordable to buy than the rental prices I am finding.   My only concern now is transporting it and putting it together.  I doubt there are any easy, snap-together arbors....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would think you would need to assemble it and then drop it off with a truck during the rehearsal.
  • Options
    occbyemoccbyem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of florists who also specialize in event design love to keep stuff like this on hand or are able to find a way to get it (same with wedding planners that specialize in design).  It often takes a lot of stress off of you to leave the acquisition and set-up of this kind of item to a professional vendor.  Then you have no transportation worries, either!
  • Options
    chloe642chloe642 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I just emailed a few florists to see if any of them provide arbors.  I would definitely buy one, but I live in Florida and won't be going up until a couple days before the wedding.  I just think it will be too much to try and buy an arbor, put it together (at the hotel?)  and find a truck to transport it all in the short a time span.  I do have some time to figure it all out, though, so I'm not too worried yet.  Thanks again for the suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Asheville and my florist is supplying the chuppah (the covered canopy that we get married under in the Jewish religion.) Ours is bamboo sticks and we are supplying the covering. I think they also have different options. 

The florist is Blossoms at Biltmore Park.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards