• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Anyone been to Los Angeles???

We're spening two days in LA before hopping on our cruise, and we aren't sure if we just want to do cabs all weekend, or rent a car.  Thoughts??

Price isn't a factor.  Our holdups are navigating our way around, and having places to park (easily) when we get where we are going. 

ETA: I posted on the LA local board too.

Re: Anyone been to Los Angeles???

• cab it, sooo much easier.  i hate driving in LA (or any city i am not familiar with). 
  • I was in LA 5 years ago (won a trip to dine at J.Lo's restaurant and meet her!) and we got around with a rental car.
  • In Response to Re: Anyone been to Los Angeles???:
    [QUOTE]I was in LA 5 years ago (won a trip to dine at J.Lo's restaurant and meet her!) and we got around with a rental car.
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

Dude, how the eff do you win so much shiit, Jody?!?  I need some of your luck, please!
    Vacation

Vacation
    [QUOTE]I was in LA 5 years ago (won a trip to dine at J.Lo's restaurant and meet her!) and we got around with a rental car.
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

no part of this surprises me :)
  • seriously jody! WTF? was jlo nice?

oh, sorry, anyway, I would probably cab it. I haven't been there (eekk) but my sister and bff have spent a lot of time there and always reccommend against driving yourself...and you're only there a few days. :)
    [QUOTE]Dude, how the eff do you win so much shiit, Jody?!?  I need some of your luck, please!
    Posted by sunshine_day_dreams[/QUOTE]

Rachel, I'm a radio wh0re!

Here's the pic for proof:
    [QUOTE]seriously jody! WTF? was jlo nice? Posted by LiaDee[/QUOTE]

I only met her for a minute - there were 31 prize winners from all over the country - but she seemed nice.
  • TBA--I would cab it, just to not have to worry about directions, traffic and parking.  It's not terrible getting around w/ a rental, but if you want it stress-free, go for cabs.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• cab for sure! even when we go there to visit my uncle we end up using cabs half of the time even tho he has his own car becuase it's just that much easier
  • I would say it depends on where you want to go in LA. Cabs would be much nicer because you won't have to drive in traffic but sit in it. But for instance, if you're going from the airport up to Malibu...that could get pricey.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Cab it. I HATE driving in LA and avoid it at all costs. Unless you have tons of plans in the two days, I would not drive. Between all the traffic and the miserable parking it's an uneeded stress. (especially before your cruise! Lucky!)
    Photobucket
  • What do you want to visit?  Getting around LA involves pretty long distances.  If you're staying around Long Beach (is that your departure point?), then just use a cab.  However, if you want to view other sites then you will want a car.  A drive from Long Beach to Malibu is over 30 miles, to downtown LA is at least 20.  That's a lot of cab fare.  

I can give you some suggestions of what to visit if you let me know what you like.
  • GandB2011GandB2011 member
    10 Comments
    edited August 2010

People in LA drive like a-holes!!! More so than the rest of us in the state. Because you said cost wasn't a factor, just cab it. Sure it might be more expensive but you won't have to deal with the aggressive and crazy drivers.

Parking also sucks. If you do rent a car I hope you are good at parallel parking. Parking can get pricy at times depending on where you are in LA.

• I was in LA, about 10 years ago. We were too young to rent a car, under 25. We ended up using buses & cabs. Based on the traffic jams & frustration that comes along w/ LA traffic. I would still CAB it up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards