Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Do I still send an invitation?

We are planning a destination wedding, and know that there are a few people ( grandparents, some aunts and uncles) that will be unable to attend. Should I still send an invitation?

Re: Do I still send an invitation?

• Options
    Yes.  Sometimes plans can change, and some people might want it just for a keepsake.  I sent my grandparents invitations, even though I know they can't come.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I would say yes, send out the invites. I have the same issue with my grandparents, and some other family members (I'm from Maryland, but I'm getting married in Minnesota, which is where I now live).

Even if they can't come, I bet they'd love to have something to look at. Plus, they might find it disrespectful or tactless to -not- invite them. I know that's how my traditional grandparents think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards