Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

NWR just need to vent....

As we discussed last week CANCER SUCKS

FI's grandma found out she had cancer ( I can't remember specifically where, I think somewhere in her intestines) the summer of 08.  She had sucessful surgery to remove it and was back to her normal self within no time. 

Last week she underwent colon surgery to remove a portion of it for a blockage or something like that on it. (Pretty obvious I am completely stupid when it comes to medical stuff!! ) After running some tests they found out yesterday that the cancer is back and spread to a few other places.  She is 84 years old so there is not alot they can do for her.  They told her she had about a year most likely unless she died of other causes before that....  It completely bums me out because she is awesome and so active and I know how much FI loves his grandma!

The saddest part is a few days ago while he was visiting her at the hospital she told him she just wanted to be able to make it to our wedding :(  ugh I feel terrible about how far off our wedding is.... makes me think we should consider finding a way to move it up a bit!

BOO CANCER YOU BLOW!  It has affected someone in our immediate families each of the last 4 years....ridiculous!

Cancer go away!

Thanks for letting me complain!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: NWR just need to vent....

• edited December 2011
    Wow, I don't know what to say.  Thats awful.  :(

[virtual hug]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo cancer! That's awful...I'm so sorry! Like you, cancer has hit us hard in my family too...it sucks.

Stay strong girl!
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry.. that is the worst.  But you hear stories a lot about how people hold on because they are looking forward to a big event.  I'm sure she is so happy and proud for your wedding.. and it gives her something to be joyful about and look forward too! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  When we decided on our wedding date last winter, in the back of my mind I was worried about the grandparents all making it....  She is a strong lady though and I know how much she loves Tory (FI) so I am sure she will try her hardest to stick around!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear that Kayla.  Cancer sucks.  Big time.  Thoughts and prayers for his grandma!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Cancer blows. 13 people in my family so far. Evil. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this.  I think that people do try and hold on as long as they can.  Obviously she is a fighter and if she's active and otherwise healthy that is a really good start.  Just spend what time you can with her and perhaps try and move some of the pre-parties up.  Maybe have a late engagement party that she could be a part of or a shower?

photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry!!!  *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards