Honeymoon Discussions
Options

NCL Epic Cruise

Has anybody cruised on the new Epic ship?  My FI and I have a vacation planned for late September and I'm really looking forward to it!  We're cruising the Eastern Carribean hitting up Nassau, St. Marteen and St.John/St.Thomas.  Looks like a pretty good trip for couples if anyone is looking for honeymoon ideas and the price is pretty good.  They have Vegas-like entertainment, Cirque dinner show, Blue Man Group, an Ice Bar on board.  Anyway if anybody has already sailed the Epic I'd love to hear a review!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NCL Epic Cruise

• Options
    I have not sailed the Epic (but love NCL).  I would suggest checking out the Epic's recent reviews on cruisecritic.com.  You might be able to use their message boards to find other people on your cruise.  NCL's FB page might also have some useful info.
  • Options
    I haven't been on the Epic, but I have been on a NCL cruise.  I loved it.  I also second cruise critic. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My FI's parents did a 7-day on the Epic week before last, they loved it.  They stayed in one of the private villas overlooking the front of the boat, so no open balcony.  They said the ship is still having some electrical type issues from being so new but they were working hard to get them resolved.  For example, on at least two of the days the TV's were not working, and four of the seven days the internet in the cabin was not working, although most ships don't even have that to begin with so you probably wont' miss it lol. 

Some things they noted that were different on this cruise compared to others is that there is not a lot of open deck room; the epic has so much stuff crammed onto it that other than the pool area, there just isn't a lot of open deck to try and have some semi-private walks, etc.  That also means no open jogging path around the boat.  There are of course an incredible number of things to do that aren't outside like the shows, comedians, bars/restaurants, etc.  The ice bar sounded like something worth a visit; you have to book it in advance, it's $20 cover but that includes two drinks, and once inside they give you kind of an insultated poncho to put on since it's -17 degrees in the bar.  All the bar, glasses, furniture, etc. are made out of ice.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Thanks for sharing the review!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards