Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank You Note Question

So I think I know the answer to this but..... we just received our first wedding present!  Our wedding isn't until the end of July... do I send the thank you card now or wait until after the wedding? I assume wait but wanted to be 100% sure !
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank You Note Question

• Options
    You assume incorrectly.  Send it now.  Don't use the gift until after the wedding, unless you're prepared to replace it if need be.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    You definitely have to send the thank you note now, no two ways about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You should send the thank you now. The sooner the better, or else you'll forget it about it. I sent my thank you notes the day after my bridal shower.
  • Options
    StephanieM22StephanieM22 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Always send the thank you note right after you receive something. Open the present and make sure it is intact and then do not use it. If you get a check before the wedding cash it but do not spend it, people need to have their check book balanced. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Its up to you, the sooner the better, but etiquette says 6-8 weeks after your ceremony.  I have been to two weddings this past year and got my thankyou 7-9 months after... and that to me is just rude no need to wait!
  • Options
    My mother is keeping our wedding gifts until the wedding, she's oldschool. She thinks wedding presents should be enjoyed after a wedding. Anyways our thank yous will go out right after our wedding. 
    Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards