Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Seersucker...in October??

Is this appropriate or not?  My wedding is October 8 in Florida.  Some places I have read that as long as it is warm (which it will be) then Seersucker is acceptable; other places have said it is not appropriate after Labor Day.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: Seersucker...in October??

• Options
    I think it's more of a climate issue than a calendar date issue.. Even though it's in fall, your location is tropical, therefore seersucker would be perfectly acceptable and appropriate. :)
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it is fine. Especially, since you will be in a warmer destination that will look more summer-like than fall-like. All of those "you can't wear white after Labor Day" rules are very old school and in the world of fashion really don't matter anymore.  Granted, seersucker is a more summer fabric I wouldn't advise if you were doing a fall wedding with changing leaves, etc. But for beach I think you're good to go.
  • Options
    It's more or a climate thing. 

I woouldn't wear it after laborday in PA or New England, But I'm sure it is fine in Florida.
  • Options
    I think it's completely fine to wear it... why not? :)  The "rules" of calendars dictating clothing are a bit dated and I know in GA, people wear white much of the year and well past Labor Day!  Go for it!
  • Options
    As long as it's a daytime wedding, I think it'll be fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards