Massachusetts-Boston

Present Ideas

I am trying to figure out present ideas for parents and bridal party.

I think I am going to give my bridesmaids each a necklace and then also a personalized gift different for each girl. I am mostly stuck on my "junior" bms who are 16 and 17. What did you get for your bridal party? How much did you spend on each?

Also, what did you get your parents and fi's parents? Are we supposed to spend more on my parents if they are paying for the wedding and fi's for rd? I don't know so fill me in :) Thanks all!

Re: Present Ideas

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just posted about my great score a few days ago.  I went to Wrentham Outlets to the Coach store and got these for $19.  They have a ton of great stuff on sale.  I have 8 girls so I need to be creative.  I will get them other things too, but this was awesome.  Especially since every girl loves Coach!  They are compacts.  I got black on black.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blueyed, you are on here too! I totally thought I would be the only one. I am working in the ER tonight :-(

Anyway, on this topic...for parents gifts I heard maybe getting them a weekend at a B&B or dinner at a nice restaurant, etc. I am giving my parents albums, but I am also working on what to get them so that I can give them something at the RD. I didn't get much help on the other boards, the advice was mostly to just think of what you would get someone for their b-day, but my parents are notoriously difficult to shop for. Oh, and I saw someone that had custom (or was it DIY handmade? not sure) handkerchiefs for everyone, I thought that was sweet.

For BMs, I am thinking of doing clutches, wedding jewelery and something personal for each one. Still working on this too. Some people give gift certificates too, but I think that is kinda impersonal. Sorry, I am not much help!
  • mama_rachmama_rach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my matrons of honor and best man, we bought collapsible picnic baskets that come with a complete dining set for 4. We are going to fill them with their favorite wines/beers and snacks. We lucked out that all of them were foodies. I am also paying for my girls' hair and makeup and bought them tiny starfish pins for their hair.

For our parents, we are going to get my mom & dad airplane vouchers for their next trip. They helped the most, so we wanted to get them something nice. For his parents, we are getting them a gift certificate for a night out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    megjay: i pm'd you
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing photobooks for our parents once we get professional pics back. H got each of his guys something different. I got my girls a necklace, legwarmers and a comfy throw blanket. 
  • edited December 2011
    I did a wrap from Nordys for my MOH.  For our parents, we gave them framed photos once we got our pro pics developed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards