Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

TGIF!

Whoo I am almost done with work and to get us all through the last few minutes - lets share what are plans are for the weekend - both WR and NWR.

WR - Just the knottie GTG on Sunday! ...I have to figure out food and a DIY project to bring.... And maybe I will force myself info working on some programs or invites.

NWR - Tonight I am going to Comedy Sports with some highschool friends. I have never been there but we all bought groupons so we are planning on going to uptown for dinner and then to the show! Any recs for good places to eat in Uptown?
Then on Sat it is my MOH's birthday so we rented a boat and are going to have a Birthday Boat Bash on Lake Minnetonka! I cant wait!

Re: TGIF!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oohh exciting.  What kind of food are you in the mood for? Do you want it to be within walking distance? If you head over to Nicollet, there are hundreds of ethnic restaurants!  Otherwise, there are a lot of really great restaurants in Uptown too! (I used to live over there)

my plans...

WR: I'll be coming to at least part of the GTG! I'm hoping to play around with MSP bio a little more, too.  aaand maybe I'll work on my invites, even though I really don't want to look at them anymore.

NWR: hanging out with the puppy. FI is out of town for work tonight, so I'll be watching a lot of Bones on my Netflix instant viewing.
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I love all kinds of food :) so I am sure we will find something!

How is the puppy!? Is he getting big?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph Bones is one of my favorite shows!!

I am Wedding Free this wknd. However Monday I start my 3rd attempt to find BMs dresses

NWR - Tonight I have a softball for work (Police (me) vs. Fire) that is if it doesn't tornado or rain like crazy ..Sat. I have the Great MN Airshow back home in St. Cloud than St. Augusta Days (town festival) where I am going to enjoy some adult beverages and watch a concert. Sunday I have a family reunion Hanging out with my Baby Nephew!! :)
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll love Comedy Sportz!  DH and I go there a couple of times a year.

WR: Knottie Get-Together!  We have a good size guest list, but there's always room for more.  Let me know if you want to come and we'll get an evite out to you.

NWR: Date night with DH tonight!  We might go see Knight and Day and I"m going to try and talk him into Red Lobster (I <heart /> crab legs).
  • Options
    bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR - NOTHING! :) Well...maybe I'll do some researching and more than likely check the boards here and there.

NWR - Tonight I'm going to a present/past co-worker BBQ, then tomorrow night another BBQ/Bonfire with some friends. Excited to have a little Jeremiah Weed/Lemonade! :)

Enjoy your weekend ladies!
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Recs galore:

Chino Latino
    Sushi Tango
    The Independent
    Chiang Mai Thai
    Namaste Care

Also, something that's not quite in Uptown, but is close: Peninsula. It's at Hennepin and 26th, as I recall... and it has the most amazing food of all time. Seriously. Of all time.

My plans:

WR: Finally going to Michaels and buying our invitations. Finalizing the BM dress order. Coming to the GTG.

NWR: Driving to Eau Claire tonight to see my parents... as it's my Dad's birthday. Tomorrow morning, I'll head onward to Milwaukee to see Gavin DeGraw at SummerFest with my sister and our cousin Cat. Then, I'll head back Sunday just in time for the GTG. Yes, I'll be doing a lot of traveling this weekend, so no one be too disappointed if I show up to the GTG with something storebought!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Danielle- he's getting huge.  He was about 8 pounds when we got him in May.  He's now 17 (as of a week ago.) he's also insanely tall... and just because I love showing him off, here you go:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph can we do a Show off Your Dog thread? :)

This is my baby girl Missy 6mos old <3
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG sooo cute! I LOVE dogs! K show off time :) here is our dog Neeko

Yeah I think the Independent will work really well as that is the same building as comedy sportz.

• Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Restaurants in Uptown: PPs pretty much said it. I don't live in MN so they would know better than me! (Although I am ALWAYS a fan of Famous Dave's). As for Comedy Sportz - I hope it's a good show! My friends and I did that at least once a month when we were in HS ... such good memories!

This weekend: It's Pride weekend in Chicago, so I will be out for the madness in Boystown. Whoo!

Also hoping to work more on the invites.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agh, I'm jealous of the cute puppies! We can't have on in our apartment.

I don't have any WR weekend plans, unless we happen to get phone calls back from venues we're feeling out.

I'll be attending the Pride festival this weekend, in support of my friends who aren't as lucky as I am to be able to marry the person they want to share their lives with. I'll be volunteering at the tent my company has set up in the park for a bit tomorrow afternoon, and I'll probably go to the parade on Sunday as well. Should be good times!
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I can never resist an opportunity to show off my puppy!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: Dress Shopping. My DOC works at The Wedding Connection in Maplewood so we're going to look for BM, MOB/MOG, and my dress.

NWR: Sigh. Cleaning toilets? LOL! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late to the party. I left work early on Friday to... NWR: pick up our new puppy! His name is Wesley, though we might change it to Vader. He's a black lab/beagle mix, so he's the size of a beagle with long legs. He's all black except for the white on his paws and chest, and his fur gets a tiny bit brown on his head. He's really sweet and mellow and just wants to be wherever we are. He's the perfect dog for me, although FI probably wishes he were more active. He's a friendly dog, just really mellow. He doesn't jump on or lick anyone, and hasn't had any accidents so far. I love my dog. :) WR: not a damn thing, although we do need to get our e-pics done, probably at the landscape arboretum, and think about STDs. I think this is the 2nd year in over 10 that I haven't been to Pride. I went with friends in college, then I was on the executive board for 3 years, then had a booth there for the next 4 years. I've still got friends on the board and a lifetime VIP pass, but honestly, I've moved on. I wish them well.

FI and went to his cousin's for dinner last night, so I couldn't make it to the GTG.  It was pretty fun, with just 4 of us talking/drinking/eating.  I made mojitos that were better than any I'd made before and I made homemade angel food cake served with real whipped cream and strawberries from the farmers market.  I feel so Martha Stewart!  I'm almost happy the first attempt at the angle food cake (never make it in a fancy bundt since you have to cut it out of the pan) didn't go so well, because now we have awesome leftovers.  It doesn't look great, but it tastes delicious.  Now I need to figure out what to do with the 16 leftover egg yolks I have in the fridge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards